[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
elementary OS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Why are you faggots so up in arms about Elementary OS when it's literally Ubuntu?
is it because you will never own a mac and this is literally the closest thing in Linux you will ever have?
>NO! It's because mac doesn't give me full control of everything I want to do because I have no life!
>>
>>51793450
>/g/ is one person
>implying everybody loves it
>>
>>51793709
i always see threads about it and praising it like crazy.
>>
eOS are for people too stupid to make a hackintosh
>>
>>51793450
>Why are you faggots so up in arms about Elementary OS
/g/ barely talks about eOS at all, and when we do it's to shit on it.
>>
They are the only people that are really inovative in the Linux desktop.
>>
>>51793450
>elementary OS
Grabbing it right now for an old GD 6000 I had suped up with HDD and RAM upgrades.
MAHALO.
>>
I was thinking of putting it on my netbook and then after looking at it, it's nothing special. I want something that looks nicer. Any one try Peppermint?
>>
>>51793758
I very rarely see posts about eOS. If there is one, they only say good things about it because they are the only ones giving a fuck about eOS. The rest of the world just doesn't give a shit about this irrelevant OS
>>
>>51793905
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/Linux_Distribution_Timeline_with_Android.svg

this chart alone can tell you how many OS' are out there that have been experimented with and when it all comes down to it, they are all essentially the same 5 OS'
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-10_23:01:03.png (509 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-10_23:01:03.png
509 KB, 1280x1024
hmmm
Thoughts?
>>
>>51794137
>Peppermint's handy cloud & web application management tool 'Ice' continues to put web applications on an equal footing with locally installed apps
dropped
>>
>>51794337
it crashed and wouldn't let me install it. I think I may take some anons up on that offer and just go with Lubuntu as much as I'm trying to avoid it. What's the difference between Lu, Ku and U?
>>
>>51793450
meh its not that great. it gets shit on for what hte devs try to pull
wife has an imac and a macbook she got while she was in school. got an ultrabook more recently cause she didn't want to carry the macbook (thicker older version) and didn't want to pay for an air so i put eOS on there for her. she prefers it but i dont always take time to make sure everything is working properly
>>
>>51794491
but it's debian, like any one is going to make a virus for it and care enough.
>>
>>51794379
Lu - light
Ku- KDE
U - unity
>>
>>51794676
so basically they are all Debian based but different skins? I'm downloading Lu right now. That's my next thing to test out. I miss Mint.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.