[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pixel C
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Pixel-C-Header.jpg (526 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Pixel-C-Header.jpg
526 KB, 1500x1000
Should I shill?
>>
Only if you get paid
>>
>>51789045
I forgot this thing existed after the joke that is the iPad Pro got all the attention, what's up with the Pixel C and why would I buy it over a Surface?
>>
Shill Nye the Goyim guy
SHILL!
SHILL!
SHILL!
SHILL!
>>
>>51789109
>what's up with the Pixel C and why would I buy it over a Surface?
Honestly I would get neither. At least at the moment.

I think the Pixel C would be a great buy if Android supported multi window in AOSP, but it doesn't look like it's ready yet.

If you need a tablet for tablet things, the Pixel C could still be a good buy. If you need a laptop just get a Dell XPS or something.
>>
>>51789275
>Shilling for a laptop with auto brightness that you can't turn off or bypass
Not even Apple is retarded enough to make a decision that dumb
>>
>>51789109
i was gonna shill chromeOS and how its fucking fantastic, but for some reason the pixel c is using android, so its shit

ignore it, dont even touch it until they give a chromeOS option
>>
>>51789315
>touchscreen
>chromeOS
ChromeOS is horrible with touch screens,. And I'm speaking from experience, I have an Asus Flip.
I mean don't get me wrong, for stuff like reading articles or something the touchscreen works gr8. But the ALL of chromeOS's icons are too small to use comfortably with a touch screen. Going with Android was the right choice for Google.

>>51789275
You could probably just use Xposed to use multi window, or just wait for Cyanogen or something to be ported to it.
>>
>>51789045
Creators made a reddit Q&A some hours ago, it was a disaster, they just keep saying that we should wait until Android N.

This tablet can't compete in productivity against a laptop or a surface 3/4, it has no active stylus support, no multiwindow, its like another 200-300 tablet just with a pricey $170 keyboard.
>>
>>51789310
There isn't even a software hack/bypass for it? So it's a hardware "feature". Wtf Dell it's such a nice piece of hardware as well
>>
>>51789610
I see your point. Then what would you recommend for me then? I'm looking for something that I can use for taking notes, web browsing, and video streaming with good battery life. I was looking into a tablet for this since I don't need a full blown laptop and I use my desktop for all my real work.
>>
>>51789045
Tablets are useless devices where notebooks can easily fit in.

Android tablets are the worst kind of tablet because not only is it useless, it's poorly designed and the operating system lacks usability and optimizations for the form factor
>>
File: look at this shit, like WTF.jpg (868 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
look at this shit, like WTF.jpg
868 KB, 1920x1280
>>51789045
Piece of shit. The keyboard docking design was actually good, but stock android is absolutely terrible when it comes to tablets. This is the one case where I will gladly take Touchjizz over stock Android, since Samsung actually has optimized their tablet interface very well. (oh and those on screen navigation buttons are shit for phones, but atrocious on tablets)
>>
>>51789785
Honestly I'd say the second-newest iPad, whichever that one is. Air? Air 2? Fuck, I dunno. My brother got one a few months ago and uses it for pretty much exactly that. It's not a replacement for a laptop but if you've got the money, go for it. Also, the battery life is pretty sweet.
>>
>>51789842
Holy shit

Are they actually going back toward the godlike tablet UI from Android 4.0?
>>
Be good goy and i will make shekel magically appear in your bank account
>>
>>51789870
Meh. I'm not a huge fan of Apple and not just because of the usual edgy reasons because I will admit the iPad Air 2 is an amazing piece of hardware (a friend of mines has one so I've played around with it before). But I've spent the last four years on a MacBook Pro and I've really just gotten sick and tired of Apple.
Any other suggestions?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.