[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw now you can have two PCs in one https://www.youtube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: MiniXL-DS.jpg (141 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
MiniXL-DS.jpg
141 KB, 500x625
>tfw now you can have two PCs in one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m3090RGqhU

Shits look awesome. Imagine having a gaming system plus a streaming server all in one chassis?
>>
what is virtualization

Also, if you have two PCIE-16x video card slots and a capable 4/6/8-core/server CPU, you can just have a "multi-seat" setup where two users/sessions can independently share the same computer
>>
>>51779956
>implying this is the first time it's been done
>implying fitting two mobos in one case would stop you in the first place
>virtualization

come back when you have something that impress me, like something better than gpu passthrough
>>
I don't like that they left the hdd bays in the usual spot. My interest in this case would be to keep my gaming system on the bottom and put something like a nas up top. But with the drive bays full they would be blocking the front air intake that I would want to be going to the gaming system on the bottom.
>>
>>51780595
use hi-pressure fans in the front and its fine.

Ideal is an air cooler for the CPU directed towards the back and an AIO for the GPU on the other end exhausting out.

Create a sick-ass wind tunnel.
>>
>>51780659
Plus it would suck anyway. You'd want your gaming PC to have enough storage for games, and the NAS to have enough 3.5" mechanicals to be swole.

OR you'd want 6x NIC-teamed hotlava gigE on both w/ all storage on the NAS and two RAID1 SSDs for the gaming rig, with the motherboard ports giving internet.

Since the bottom board is limited to micro-atx you can't have SLI or CF, and your expansion card HAS to be a 6-port NIC.
>>
Seems like a pretty cool concept. I think the idea of a PSU management board is really innovative and I think it could have a future in cases without 2 PCs inside. You could just have the case come with a plug-board with wires pre-run to every place you would need at exact lengths. Boom, instant cable management.
>>
>>51779956

> gaming
> streaming

>>/v/

my desktop computer is already 1/4 the size of that case and my server is like 1/12th.

what is the point of that shit? it sure isn't consolidating size.

>>51780070

> what is virtualization

correct solution
>>
Uh cooler masters HAF stacker has been out for years.
>>
>>51780897
Your shitty server doesn't have 20 Terabytes
>>
>>51780897
>drinking not your dads rootbeer
>not drinking Coney Island rootbeer
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.