[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, what are the best alternatives to a Macbook Pro?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (298 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298 KB, 2040x1360
Seriously, what are the best alternatives to a Macbook Pro?

Obviously there's the Dell XPS, but what else? And please don't say a second hand ThinkPad because I want my own computer, not a hand-me-down.
>>
Surfacebook Pro
>>
Dell has XPS
Microsoft has Surface
Google has Pixel
ASUS has ZenBook

You probably can't expect anything decent from the other manufacturers like HP
>>
>>51779324
A brand new Thinkpad.

I'm going to buy the T460p when it comes out.
>>
Asus Zenbook Pro UX501
>>
macbook air
>>
NEC/Lenovo LaVie (Z?), stupid light, very sexy looking
>>
File: 1448871149822.jpg (202 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
1448871149822.jpg
202 KB, 1200x627
>>51779324
>Seriously, what it the best alternatives to eating shit from your hands?
>>
File: Lenovo-LaVie-Z-Series.jpg (545 KB, 1200x622) Image search: [Google]
Lenovo-LaVie-Z-Series.jpg
545 KB, 1200x622
>>51779583
forgot pic
Lenovo has a touch model as well, looks like it does that retarded Yoga flip around shit though
>>
>>51779630
Those look like crap.
>>
Chrome book, swap in a bigger ssd, install gentoo
>>
>>51779662
is this like how blue led's make my videos play faster? do pretty laptops make your work on the road more productive?
>>
>>51779324
Macbook Air
>>
>>51779630
Looks like shit and probably has nonexistent Linux support.
>>
>>51779729
I don't mind ugly.

But I do mind poor quality plastic and sloppy build.
>>
the T450s is nearly identical except it trades the touchpad and meme display for a better keyboard and a trackpoint.
>>
>>51779885
Also the keyboard must be hell to type on.
>>
Acer Chromebook 11, the thing is simply beautiful, white and all that
>>
>>51779864
>probably has nonexistent Linux support
Are you a moron?
>>
>>51779324
>I want my own computer, not a hand-me-down

Did you suffer as a child, having all your stuff handed down to you from onee-san? If you want to suffer from the depreciation of a new system and have the money to do it continually, be my guest. But if you're asking for "best alternatives", well...
>>
>>51779697
This, desu senpai. I got an acer c720 and threw some coreboot on that bad mammajamma. Excellent machine.
>>
Honestly do what I did, macbook pro. Install Windows. I've always developed on windows, the build/battery is awesome and price isn't a big a deal to me.
>>
>>51779729
Actually, yes. When I'm using technology I actually like and enjoy, I tend to enjoy the things I'm doing with it too.

Using a half-assed product doesn't make you better at getting the job done.
>>
File: hp-spectre-x360-g10.jpg (79 KB, 775x500) Image search: [Google]
hp-spectre-x360-g10.jpg
79 KB, 775x500
HP Spectre X360
>>
>>51780316
meh I'm betting this is overpriced as it is marketed as a 'business ultrabook' and has the tablet feature.

That kind of stuff inflates prices to no extent.
>>
>>51780661
I have been looking at laptops and the spectre has an i7 and is convertable but is cheaper than the the dell xps
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.