[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Netbooks and shitty devices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Double D here.png (316 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Double D here.png
316 KB, 640x480
/g/
I have a dell netbook and I want to put it to decent use. I have Pear linux on it currently, what do you guys recommend as well?
I was thinking of learning how to crunchbang it. Maybe? Idk. What do you all think?
>>
>>51778887

Give it a camera and wheels and teach it to navigate around your house till it finds a face you've programmed it to visually recognize, dodging obstacles and either jumping through windows or climbing up and down stairs in the search.
>>
>>51778946
because im that smart. right?
>>
>>51779071

I'd like to think you are and to give you a motivating speech, but with an attitude like that I doubt it'd help.
>>
>>51779071

I agree with >>51779128 if you believe, you can achieve. Google stuff, read stuff, learn stuff, do stuff. You can do it, anon!
>>
>>51779128
I don't have that kinda tech.
I r not that smart ;_;
i r simple man who have simple dream to be something 1 day
>>
>>51779169
Just do it!
>>
>>51778887
Pear Linux? That got discontinued a long time ago, even eOS would be more resource friendly.
>>
>>51781511
Since it's basically ubuntu with a Mac look, all I have to do is update in terminal and done. It's nothing special. I just needed something that was light on it, but the annoying part is that it likes to annoy me with the wifi if I don't use it with in some time. It will pop up a lot for no reason. Isn't eOS Elementary OS?
>>
>>51778887
I just setup an old Dell netbook with a minimal install of Debian and then ratpoison after installing X and dependencies. Wifi auto-connects and doesn't drop, works great, light on resources and pleasant with the netbook keyboard.
>>
>>51781984
I plugged back in my other HDD to the netbook with ubuntu and it def runs faster than pearl and smoother, so I think I will do that on the other and scrap pearl, only cause its smoother mainly also it's a 250GB drive is why.
>>
>>51778887
>learning how to crunchbang it
Learning what? It's just a minimal, lightweight, pre-riced Debian. It works out of the box, and it even comes with a welcome script to install anything else you might need.
It's really the best of both worlds. You can slap it on anything and it "just werks" or you can sit down and spend some time really tinkering with shit.
>>
>>51783886
for some reason, ubuntu wouldn't work on it's on HDD so I popped in another hdd and hopping it sticks. I basically down graded tho. I don't like that, but then again, it's a netbook, what the hell am I doing with 250GB on a netbook? I'm not doing anything spectacular on it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.