[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a mouse offer more precision than a trackpointer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: trackpoint.jpg (37 KB, 620x416) Image search: [Google]
trackpoint.jpg
37 KB, 620x416
Does a mouse offer more precision than a trackpointer?
>>
No. They're just different ways of doing the same thing.
>>
>>51778763
to be honest

i dont really know

when you look at it one way, you can get really good precision with so many different gestures

but when you look at it another way, there are edge cases when it wont work

idk man

but then again

hmmm?
>>
yes, otherwise all the leet geymurs would use trackpoints
>>
>>51778819
>trusting "leet geymurs" to make good life choices and not being retarded in general
>>
>>51778763
YES!!
my trackpoint sometimes just drifts away when my finger isnt even on it.
its better than a track pad but will never fully replace my mouse
>>
File: att.gif (2 MB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
att.gif
2 MB, 500x386
>>51778858
>>
>>51778819
But the track point is slow.
>>
File: pro thinkpad gamer.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pro thinkpad gamer.webm
3 MB, 480x360
>>
>>51778896
>1.6
>fy_iceworld
>bots
>pro gamer

>>51778895
and that is why i said "yes" to his question which was "is a mouse better".

because you have more control with a mouse.
>>
>>51778932
>fy_poolday
derp
>>
>>51778953
i was literally just on this map like 2 days ago
>>
>>51778799
I lol'd
>>
>>51778763
If you have one, you don't need the other.
>>
>>51778763
It varies.
Mice, while they have a certain degree of precision, generally make up for it by being quick to correct. It often allows overshoot of a target in exchange for being a generally fast method of input.

TrackPoint are closer to joysticks than anything, however have a fine degree of control. This can be attributed to TrackPoints being a generally slower method of input.

For something that requires a high degree of precision, TrackPoints are better. High speed is for mice.
On occasion I like to combine TrackPoint and mousepad for extreme precision.
>>
>>51778763
I would say the trackpoint is better for typing, shitposting, internet browsing, spreadsheets, etc where all of your controls are on the keyboard.
>>
Not really, but it's way better than a touchpad, both ergonomically and functionally, so it's great for laptops and portable keyboards.
>>
The mouse is more precise, however the whole point of a track point device is to provide as much pointing device functionality in the smallest amount of space. Its position in the middle of the keyboard offers an interesting advantage.

Personally, when I'm mobile, I prefer using the track point simply because a jouer is too annoying to use and track pads are a waste of movement.
>>
File: doomsday.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
>>51781679
Unless you're using 5000dpi you shouldn't be having issues with mouse precision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKWoTDBE7Cc

Trackpoints are really comfy though.
>>
>>51778763
Please do not be a faggot. The official term for this is "clit mouse".

That is all.
>>
>>51778896
Is this a ThinkPad convention or something? Why does the guy behind him also have a ThinkPad, and a ThinkPad shirt.
>>
>>51778932
Did you really just fucking take a joke filename seriously about whether someone playing CS on their thinkpad is a "pro" gamer?

>>>/v/
And don't come back.
>>
>>51778763
You must be deep /g/ level of autistic if you think you can compare mice precision to a trackpoint
>>
>>51778763
>trackpointer
no
>>
>>51778763

mouse>trackpoint>trackball>>>>>>>>>>>>bag of soggy dicks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>trackpad
>>
I've been using a ThinkPad since 09 and those things really kill my hand. But only if I've been on the computer all day.
>>
>>51781938
I hate when my dicks go soggy.
>>
>>51778763
yeah no shit, fucking of course a mouse is the most accurate and comfortable way to use a mouse cursor. also this>>51778867
>>
>>51781938
trackpad > mouse > trackball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trackpoint

Trackpad for on the go computing and mouse for home computing you faggot hipsters know I'm right now kill yourselves
>>
>>51782043
you are just literally wrong. a trackpoint has objectively more accuracy and speed than even the best trackpads. but whatever, you being retarded doesn't make my life worse
>trackpad>mouse
haha wow
>>
>>51781926
>not liking the clit
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.