[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's been a month since we switched to AngularEdge.js
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: feel fuy eyes closed.gif (8 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feel fuy eyes closed.gif
8 KB, 645x773
>it's been a month since we switched to AngularEdge.js
>another 3 new frameworks have just been released
>manager wants us to move to one of them, hasn't decided yet, probably ReactX2.js
>scan github, I can see that flame.js is probably going to enter beta by next month, and then we'll move to that
>we tried to convince management that the original Angular was fine, but they were scared about it being outdated
>the data team are busy moving us to a pure javascript database
>we have to migrate our python scripts by year end, so we have a consistent language across our projects
>unreal engine js version scheduled in q2 2013
>windows 11 will run on a node.js backend
>java 9 will have compile-to-js support
>please kill me
>>
>>51777593
Thats what you get for being frontend web developer...
feel fuy
>>
>>51777593
>windows 11
>>
File: 1445981494536.png (4 KB, 232x185) Image search: [Google]
1445981494536.png
4 KB, 232x185
>>51777593
literal AIDS
>>
>be embedded software developer
>use pure C and occasionally C++
>don't have to deal with this crap ever
>colleagues and coworkers constantly kek at webdev faggots

idk that feel man
>>
>>51777593
>so we have a consistent language across our projects

Are webdevs this retarded they can't understand multiple languages?
>>
File: the many angular ones.png (76 KB, 900x481) Image search: [Google]
the many angular ones.png
76 KB, 900x481
>>51777593
>>
>>51779188

I like C, but I haven't had the opportunity to finish learning it due some personal issues.

How's your job? Does it require calculus and other math related stuff?

I want to program in C too.
>>
>>51779188
gib me job plox
>>
>>51777593
You should be happy. Your management is smart enough to not fall behind; I work in webdev in the Bay Area, an the field moves so fast that if you do like too many developers do and fall asleep at their desk for a year, you're no better than a fresh graduate when it comes time to put together a new project.

You NEED to stay on top of the new frameworks and design patterns that are emerging, because all your competition is, and the field is so competitive that if you can't speak today's language, you're out. We move too fast to bring you up to speed.

This is why it's so important for people getting close to graduation to contribute to open source projects: without direct, hands-on, MODERN (within 6 months) experience, you're nothing. You're a liability. We'd have to waste effort training you, and with that effort lost, we'd fall behind and the competition would pick up all the new contracts.
>>
>>51777593
Am I the only one who things all these javascript frameworks create more problems than they solve?

I remember working with Ruby on Rails; javascript was simple and mainly used to do fancy visual things and manipulate inputs. All the important code was safe, on the server, written in easy-to-read Ruby. Performance hot spots were written in C with a Ruby extension providing an interface.

What the fuck happened? Where did this pot of spaghetti code come from? It nukes readability, is next to impossible to debug properly, and what does it get us? Why is being asynchronous good? That's a performance issue!

Here's a little secret of software engineering: 98% of code doesn't need to concern itself with performance. It'll run fine, even at scale. A tiny minority of your code is going to be responsible for a huge majority of your performance costs, and that tiny minority can be written in a *real* performance-oriented language like C, with *real* control over threading and process management. Hell, since most hotspots are data-oriented, tools can be used to abstract away all of that and you can focus on writing readable, maintainable, testable code.

You don't have to throw your entire project into a shit pit to eak out performance.
>>
>>51780535
>What the fuck happened?
Google.
>>
I hate everything that Javascript chooses to be. Literally everything about it
>>
>>51781124
Anon, the kind of control you imply javascript is attempting simply is... it's not possible. If there is one thing the history of software has taught us it's that frameworks will not be contained. Frameworks break free, they expand to new territories and crashe through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.