[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the point of this edge screen meme? all they showed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
What is the point of this edge screen meme?

all they showed in the ad was the ability to see what type of notification you got while the screen is face down.

couldn't they just had an extra LED on the back, that glow different colors to show type of notification?
>>
>>51775776
Social status, nothing more.
>>
You have to be more careful while gripping it
They can sell it for more
>>
>>51775776
>extra LED on the back, that glow different colors to show type of notification?

Thanks for the idea
>>
>>51775776
I don't know man, Its so slippery as fuck
>>
>>51775776

It just seems retarded to me, now it'll be even easier to shatter your fragile screen when you accidentally drop it.
>>
>>51775776
More gestures?

>>51775776

>>51775800

a lot of phones already do this with the LED in the front facing speaker or light ring around power button
>>
Muh bezels, I guess
>>
>>51775844
Yes but on the back is truly revolutionary
>>
>>51775875
My old motorola flip phone had the notification light on the top of the phone (on the hinge) so you could see it whether the phone was laying on its front or back.
>>
>>51775875
Xperia U has it on every side as it's a transparent bar at the bottom of the phone
>>
>>51775776
>couldn't they just had an extra LED on the back, that glow different colors to show type of notification?

wouldn't it be easier to just not put your phone screen-down
>>
It's only the design that no other phone has that looks awesome af. Phone gets sharp and slippery too which makes me crazy but it's pretty solid
>>
>>51776543
That sounds like sense. We don't need that kinda thinking when discussing phones.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.