[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Are you ready to take on this challenge? I've had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: encryption_1.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
encryption_1.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1280
>Are you ready to take on this challenge?

I've had this 1.43 MB archive laying around for a long time. It's from a myth that has been circulating for a long time around the internet according to which inside this compressed archive there is a complete and functional copy of Office 2007 (~ 750 MB).
But because of its high compression it takes a lot of time to extract.
I've tried several time opening it but it takes about a day on my 8 years old shitty dual core laptop.
Could anyone of you verify if this myth is true? I think that on a i7 it should take about a couple of hours at worst.

Here you can find the archive:
http s000.tinyupload.com index.php?file_id=34317887358711854033

Here I uploaded KGB Archiver for windows (use wine you linuxtard). It was in the same folder but I can't guarantee it's going to work. This was the only one I found at the time after a lot of google-fu, this program in rare and discontinued, I think.
http s000.tinyupload.com index.php?file_id=95355505319071776034
>>
File: unnamed.png (112 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
112 KB, 300x300
>>51775045
Obviously to open the link you have to replace the space with /.
Here for the lazy

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=34317887358711854033

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=95355505319071776034
>>
I doubt it.
>>
I don't even need to download the file to tell you it's just an archive that would fill your whole storage if you compress it.
>>
>>51775045
I'm not downloading your rootkit Alexei
>>
>>51775149
extract it*
>>
>>51775149
I tried extracting it and it generated a 750 MB iso, but I never waited for it to finish
>>
>>51775164
Download KGB from somewhere else if you don't trust me
>>
what about just piping it into count to see if it goes on forever or stops after a reasonable time?
>>
>>51775271
oh wait it is some retarded proprietary compression format
>>
>>51775045
Anyone can confirm this?
>>
File: FAKE_KGB.png (2 MB, 4000x2560) Image search: [Google]
FAKE_KGB.png
2 MB, 4000x2560
This thing is fake as fuck.

I'm currently decrypting, and most of the files once decrypted do contain garbage, to a WIN2007 torrent on one of my old drives.

Look at image, inside the VM is a msvcr80.dll in the Word folder. And now look at the real version on the right.

It's just filling files with junk, but filling it with the correct amount of junk to make file size be the same.

And now the VM gets deleted...
>>
that myth is real and its not a myth
i once i swear on me mums i swear to God Jesus and the Holy Trinity i downloadead a video game from emule or kazaa i dont remember which one
but i swear i put it on a fking diskette and take to my friends and it took a while to uncompress
but inside there was a fking 4gb image
this is not a joke believe me if u want but its not a myth
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.