[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth going from a gtx960 2gb to 4gb?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 511x288
Is it worth going from a gtx960 2gb to 4gb?
>>
>>51765223
No, stick with 2GB, unless the price difference is trivial.
>>
Should I get the 950 or this?
>>
If the price difference isn't huge I'd get the 4gb.

But then again I'd get a 380 over the 960, and I regularly use over 2 gigs of video ram on games, especially with mods.
>>
>>51765276
Your a nice guy.
OP get the 4GB version, it can help.
>>
Get a 970 instead. You'll never use 3.5gb without playing in 4K, and I seriously doubt you can afford that.
>>
Get 4gb, i did that and im loving it. And there are games that uses more than 2, at least that happens when i play the witcher 3 or GTA V
>>
>>51765312
what are the games you want to play and at what resolution do you want to play them at?
>>
>>51765223
>buying that over a 380
NOPE
unless you play alot of Nvidia titles and no amd titles your wasting your breath and your money
>>
You mean you already have a960? Heck no.. 4gb doesn't do shit. Not worth the money
>>
I'd say do it. I was having the same dilemma when I bought my GTX 770. I chose the 2gb version over the 4gb version. I use all 2gb in some games and it effects performance. Spend the extra bucks friend, I regret not doing so.
>>
>>51765223
Lol no. Just get a 390 or 980 already. Or save your pennies for HBM
>>
>>51767469
i am an nVidia fan and i can confirm this.
R9 380 4gb MSI is way better.
OR buy a GTX 970 / R9 390 OP
>>
>>51765223
If you already own 960 2gb, I'd just wait until new series hits the markets, and then think about buying something(either old or new, the prices will be better than now)
If you're planning on buying 2gb or 4gb card, go with 4gb, because 2gb is the past, I know, I use onw
>>
Get 4gb cards or up from now on. New gen of cards winter even have 2gb variants anymore. Also, I suggest getting an r9 380. Was upgrading someone's low-end haswell pc by adding a gpu. Was stuck between a 960 and 380. The only reason for choosing the 960 would be because of psu constraints. I got her the asus strix 380 instead since it was on sale. Ran beautiful and used only 1 8 pin connector which luckily her cx430 had.
After some searching, it seems that the 4 gb versions of both cards run about 5 fps better than the 2gb. So that right there is proof enough you need a 4 gb card, games are either getting more intensive AND devs are getting lazier as well. So take this info and do whatever feels best.
>>
>>51766344
MOBAs and AAA games but mostly MOBA @ 1080p.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.