[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neighbor with possible CP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Official_Logo_110_sd.png (22 KB, 100x99) Image search: [Google]
Official_Logo_110_sd.png
22 KB, 100x99
So /g/ let's just say this is a "hypothetical" wink wink...
You've got metasploit. Your upstairs neighbor is this 60 year old unfriendly black guy who constantly plays loud music at bad times and stomps around. He's got an open SSID. You manage to gain access to one of his computers via an SMBwin xp sp3 exploit and can view his whole filesystem
>He has a huge external HDD filled with at the very least "child model" photos like "sandra model" ... possibly actual CP.

He's annoying the fuck out of you with his music and cussed you out when you asked him to turn it down at 4am the other week.

You want to submit a tip to the FBI about his CP.
Do you do it as if you're him using a VPN and Tor etc?
Or do you do it as yourself?
And what do you write, given how you got access to his filesystem to begin with?

Note: the "models" in skimpy clothing in provactive poses are from what you've seen mostly pre-pubescent, indicating pedo not ephebophilia.
>>
File: 1418073060558.png (121 KB, 1084x630) Image search: [Google]
1418073060558.png
121 KB, 1084x630
>You manage to gain access to one of his computers via an SMBwin xp sp3 exploit and can view his whole filesystem
That's a federal crime. Enjoy your jail time, fucker.
>>
>>51759674
Are you that hacker known as "4chan"?
>>
>>51759737
>Open wifi
>Unprotected OS
>Person in question possibly has a lot of illegal material.
Nope, no jail time. Sorry.
>>
>>51759674
You can only charge him if there's any actual provocative nudity. And don't tell the fucking FBI you broke your way into some guys network
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1076x1105) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1076x1105
This is why you hide your shit on Encrypted Drives that aren't connected to your computer.
>>
>>51759793
It doesn't matter if it's open and unprotected. You had no permission to enter his network. You violated his privacy and committed a federal crime.
>>
Get him vanned like all CP bastards should. Do a anonymous tip from a VPN to the FBI without explaining how you fucking know he has the content.
>>
>>51759897
Good tip. Also I didn't break into anything. This is hypothetical.
>>
>>51759674
go to a library and submit a tip
>>
I tipped off the cops once when I found CP on a teacher's laptop (USB stick).
Felt good man.
Just call the cops.
>>
>>51759674
"My neighbor is a hacker, he broke into my computer and put that there"
>>
>>51759935
This, use a computer not traceable to you.
>>
wetip.com/submit-anonymous-tip-2/
>>
>>51759988
This.
>>
>>51760040
not possible:
>anonymous tip
>no detail about how he knows
>>
>>51760045
the timestamps will probably help. that is, if OP isn't actually just trying to screw over his asshole neighbor.
>>
>>51759674
What this proves is that the NSA isn't that powerful. Don't you think they would've busted him by now with that set up?
>>
>>51760132
they don't crawl everyone's filesystems, and if they aren't looking at someone, HTTPS will cover their ass well enough. hell, people still post pizza here now and then.
>>
>>51759674
>they ask how you know
>I hacked him
>OP gets arrested
they can't get a warrant without some proof, you can't get proof without committing a crime
just stop being a pussy and tell him to keep the noise down
or
print out the pictures post them through his door with a note saying move flat or I'll tell the police
>>
>>51759737
let's not forget OP said this was just a hypothetical.
>>
>>51759897
>>51759919
shit tip they won't be able to get a warrant because of an anonymous tip with no evidence
>>
Extort that nigger.
>>
>>51759674
Having pictures of clothed children is not a crime

Breaking into a computer system, regardless of its poor security, is.

You're the only one who's committed a crime here.
>>
>>51760262
>print out the pictures post them through his door with a note saying move flat or I'll tell the police
That's a crime. It looks like the odds are against OP no matter what he'll do.
>>
>>51759674
Why not pretend to be him, using his connection to post cp on various boards instead?
>>
>>51759674
Are you white? If you report a black guy and it turns out he doesnt have hardcore cp feds/sjw/liberals will label you as a racist and you will also get rekt by other niggas
>>
>>51760391
OPs already broke the law I figure in for a penny
>>
>>51759674
Since other anons have already addressed the legality of this

>Do you do it as if you're him
Are you retarded? How do you leave a tip pretending you're the suspect?
If you were the suspect and feeling guilty about it you'd turn yourself in in person to the police, not leave some cryptic anonymous tip.
Besides, why would they want to turn themselves in in the first place if they've been getting away with it so far?
>>
you gotta remember, op, his router knows you connected. you sure his computer doesn't know the same?
>>
Can't you tip them through a email to your local FBI office?
>>
File: 1445818607121.jpg (22 KB, 490x375) Image search: [Google]
1445818607121.jpg
22 KB, 490x375
>>51759861
I ain't clicking that shit nigga
>>
kek, put a creepy anon letter in his mailbox and scare the shit out of him for money instead
>>
Breaking into private networks is a federal crime you dumbass.
>>
>>51759674
you've accessed the photos and displayed them on your computer?

sounds like you're the paedo
>>
>>51760132
What makes you think the NSA are interested in solving crimes?
>>
>>51760454
of course his computer knows its serving up FS requests. But does windows xp sp3 log that kind of activity?
>>
File: 1386542155747.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1386542155747.png
211 KB, 327x316
>post yfw OP broke into a NCMEC honeypot
>>
>>51759935
>>51760003

This is literally the dumbest thing you could suggest. Do you really think that they couldn't trace you to the library where they have cctv cameras everywhere, or at least in the area around it which you would need to pass?

You are better off, in my view, to spoof your MAC and do anything you want from the guy's computer. If you're really keen, write the anonymous tip as if it was your neighbour submitting it. If you're in a big apartment building anyway then it should be difficult to tell who it is even if they go to the effort of working out someone hacked him through wireless, which they almost definitely will not.
>>
just submit a tip and say that the guy has been hitting on little girls and asking to photograph them and shit for his "collection" and you're concerned that he may have cheese pizza. You've already fucked yourself forensically by accessing his network and his computer.
>>
>>51760482
There's nothing there m8
>>
GNAA honeypot
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.