[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinkpad T420 vs. Elitebook 8460P Thinkpad X220 vs Elitebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2560p-2.jpg (96 KB, 678x549) Image search: [Google]
2560p-2.jpg
96 KB, 678x549
Thinkpad T420 vs. Elitebook 8460P

Thinkpad X220 vs Elitebook 2560p

we can include appropriate Dell Precision models as well.
>>
>>51753684
T440p
>>
>>51753684
i have an elitebook 8560p and its the worst laptop i've ever had
>>
>>51753749
Why is that?

These Elitebooks seem like way better deals than Thinkpads at the moment, at least on ebay.
>>
>>51753684
How bad is asuspro bu201?
>>
Elitebooks didn't give in to the jews and kept stereo mix and jewpads didn't, so Elitebooks win every time.
>>
>>51753762
overall build quality, hinges
jack port,
extreme overheating when running and extreme coldness of the case when off
trackpad is ok but the buttons feels like defective after 1 years.
the keyboard is ok but you can feel the coldness of the case while you are typing on the keyboard.
i got it for cheap from my school but i dont recommand elitebook.
>>
>>51753816
I thought elitebooks were supposed to build better than thinkpads?
>>
>>51753845
this is where the word "supposed" makes sense.
It's not because its built in aluminium or other metal that its better than plastic cases.
>>
>>51753684

We have some of these kicking about at work. The keyboards are horrible, but the build quality is pretty good (on par with to the Dell E6420 Latitudes and the T420 Thinkpads).

Also HPs in general are an absolute pain in the ass to get drivers working in WDS & MDT 2012, compared to Dell. But that's probably not part of your consideration.
>>
>>51753816
As a guy who fixes laptops I can confirm most of this. Elitebooks tend to get hotter than the sun and the cooling paste HP uses might as well be chewing gum.

They could actually be quite decent if HP didn't go full retard on the hinges and cooling solutions.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.