[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ helps make an application
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
With a little help from someone on /g/ I've made a Mac app to convert gif's to the more efficient .webm format using CloudConvert as a backend.

All I need now is an icon. Would /g/ like to participate in a contest to make the icon? The only rule is it must roughly follow these guidelines:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/Designing.html

The winner will be decided by popular vote + the developers preference.
>>
>>51753474
lol i should mention that the app will be free and open source software, obviously. but i cant release it without an icon.
>>
Also beta testers would be nice
>>
You basically didn't write a convertor, you wrote a program that uses a API.
>>
>>51753813
yeah, i know. it's not much, but it makes the process a little easier for me, and i hope for some other people.

maybe next i'll look into using VLC to do the conversion instead of using CloudConvert, since it's not supported by quicktime
>>
>>51753869
I don't blame you, at least you got it running. Nice job. ;)
>>
File: 602-600x518.jpg (73 KB, 600x518) Image search: [Google]
602-600x518.jpg
73 KB, 600x518
>>51753889
thank you
>>
File: 1344070725166.png (204 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1344070725166.png
204 KB, 800x670
I am the boss
>>
just use ffmpeg.

no need to upload something and redownload it, what a waste of time.
>>
File: icon for the autistic macfag.png (26 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
icon for the autistic macfag.png
26 KB, 512x512
Embrace the beauty of MATERIAL
>>
>>51753474
holy shit, I am so hyped for the contest
>>
>>51754187
oh, i never used that before desu i didn't even know about it

looks good though, i'm going to try to get something working. you're right about that. if there's no need to upload, why do so?
>>
>>51754216
it's clean. What do you think of the title: "WebmBreh"? There's already a windows ffmpeg wrapper called WebmBro, so i couldn't use that
>>
>>51754216
i like it, breh, looks really good
>>
File: another icon for that faggot.png (38 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
another icon for that faggot.png
38 KB, 512x512
>>
>converting lossy as fuck gif's to webm
>using some upload/download service instead of ffmpeg
>mac
>app

jesus fucking christ. fuck off pajeet, nobody cares about your shitty implementation of a non-existent problem
>>
>>51754451
can you make it say "Breh" instead of brah? breh is a /fit/ meme
>>
File: another icon for that faggot.png (35 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
another icon for that faggot.png
35 KB, 512x512
>>51754538
ah, here you go
>>
>>51754533
i know storage isn't usually a problem these days, but the webm's i've converted usually turn out to be a fraction of the size, with no noticeable quality difference, meaning they load faster on 4chan than the equivalent gif. and they're pausable/scrubbable

you're totally right about not using ffmpeg though. i'm going to focus on getting that version out. the only reason i didn't go that route to begin with was because i didn't know much about ffmpeg and so didn't check to see if it would be capable of the job. turns out it's brilliant though. luckily it's not like i've spent years developing this simple application or something.
>>
>>51754590
>tfw no 800x600 webm
>>
>>51754635
Post link once is done pls
>>
>>51754590
definitely needs a 'faggot' in there somehow
>>
>OS X
Into the trash.
>>
>>51754590
sweet, bro!

i gotta get some shuteye since i got work in the morning and its well passed midnight here. hopefully everyone will vote for their favourites by the morning
>>
>>51754647
naturally
>>
File: 1438494011969.png (407 KB, 570x489) Image search: [Google]
1438494011969.png
407 KB, 570x489
>>51753474
>app to convert gif's to the more efficient .webm format using CloudConvert as a backend.
>CloudConvert as a backend.
Why? O wait, don't answer.... Applefags don't use their brain anyway.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.