[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corporate Secrets Thread - Technology edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Briefcase.jpg (1 MB, 1617x1187) Image search: [Google]
Briefcase.jpg
1 MB, 1617x1187
At Rackspace, every single system administrator has access to your servers, usernames and passwords. If you think only your "account team" or "lead tech" has access, you're wrong.

Pretty much anyone can log in to your server at any time: People with no more than 2 weeks Linux experience, people who do drugs (there is no testing at Rackspace), and people with criminal backgrounds (they also don't do background checks).

And what's worse, there is no punishment when mistakes are made because the turnover is so high. Delete your customers whole cloud environment on accident? No problem, we'll just tell the customer there was a hardware failure

Source: Current 5 year employee.
>>
geez, do you know about competitors doing the same?
>>
Used to work for a "gaming points" company who did payments for games like Robocraft.

Your records never get deleted. If we ever say we cannot deal with you because your activity is too old it's total bullshit. We require every transaction recorded for at least a few years in case we get audited.
>>
>>51748197
I don't know unfortunately. I hope other companies aren't as incompetent.
>>
>>51748164
>People with no more than 2 weeks Linux experience
does that mean they'll hire me on the basis of running Gentoo on a Thinkpad?
>>
I work as a code monkey, I cum in your code, I don't give a fuck
>>
>>51748164
those are the same problems that led to leaks by snowden
>>
>>51748288
They'll hire you after familiarizing yourself with a few Linux commands on a website. The key to getting hired there is to be a good "culture fit" which means having lots of energy and excitement, willingness to learn (say you don't know something if you don't know), and make sure you are up to date on things like pokemon or whatever young people are into these days.

Seriously, they will hire anyone for Linux administrator. But there's a reason -- it's a 24/7 sweat shop. All teams are forever understaffed, managers are non-technical, it's ALL about popularity. Skill means nothing. If you enjoy corporate politics, you'll enjoy Rackspace.

Suck it long and suck it hard and you'll be a senior director in no time.
>>
>>51748342
not snowden, the tranny faggot
>>
File: 1449550367107.png (529 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1449550367107.png
529 KB, 3000x3000
>>51748164
>>
File: well shit.jpg (56 KB, 574x528) Image search: [Google]
well shit.jpg
56 KB, 574x528
>>51748348
>The key to getting hired there is to be a good "culture fit" which means having lots of energy and excitement
>>
>>51748738
Easy to fake. But they do three in person interviews in a row, each with two people. They will ask you the same questions to try and trip you up or catch you being fake. Just be on point.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.