[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this deserves a thread considering the amount of Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
I think this deserves a thread considering the amount of Windows Vs OS X Vs Linux threads.

Anyway, my sister is going to start college next year and my mother is convinced she needs a Macbook.

I've shown her the chromebook and a few other stylish laptops but she's convinced Apple is king. What do ye think ?

Is it an investment considering the great customer service, solid hardware and OS, and lack of viruses compared to Windows, since linux is out of the question due to normie constraints.

Hit me up, Rajeet.

>inb4 linux is OS X
>>
>>51743596
tell your mother shes an idiot, doesnt know what the fuck shes talking about, her opinions are completely based on stupidity.

post her reply.
>>
Let her do it you sperg, the hardware is good and the OS is normie-proof.
>>
She's liberal and I tried to explain how Apple are one of the biggest tax evaders on the planet, didn't work.

Take 2: So if you had a Mercedes Benz and a carbon copy without the badge and a price tag of 10 grand compared to 50 would you buy it ? No response.

I'm trying to not let my neckberdism(free as in speech) take over, but it's hard lads.
>>
>>51743596
Yes OP, show her a botnet is better than another botnet

kek
>>
>>51743596
Possible outcomes.

Mac = turns butch
Gnu Looney = shoots up the school
Windows = nudes leaked
>>
>>51743728
shoot them both, she and your sister, thats the only choice.
>>
>>51743596

> I Want To Be Permanent Free IT For Family - The Post
>>
>>51743728
>So if you had a Mercedes Benz and a carbon copy without the badge

I wasn't aware that apple's hardware or their OS had any carbon copies

oh wait they don't, stop being retarded
>>
>>51743754
better recommend windows if you wanna jerk off to your sister's tits
>>
>>51743728
Good argument. It's not like Mac books are a status symbol anymore because literally everyone and their dog in any school ever has a macbook except for the precious few that major in CompSci and even then there are few rotten apples. Same for iPhones. Also, tell your mom I will stop fucking her if anymore of this drivel comes out of her dirty whore mouth.
>>
She's a child. Children want things as a status symbol to show off that they are somebody. Once they become somebody, they stop caring about those things. This same logic applies to cars.

Just let her get the MB. You can't make people grow up, they have to do it on their own. If you force it, it might backfire.
>>
>>51743847
>She's a child. Children want things as a status symbol to show off that they are somebody. Once they become somebody, they stop caring about those things.

Like how kids with time to sit around on /g/ think that a Thinkpad proves that they're serious about technology and superior operating systems, but then (assuming they leave the basement) when they have an actual job and maybe a relationship, they just buy a Macbook because it just works and can be resold at minimum financial loss?
>>
Just get her a fucking mac

t. gentoo user
>>
File: 1445687612320.png (82 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1445687612320.png
82 KB, 500x501
>>51743596
>great customer service, solid hardware and OS, and lack of viruses
>mac
>>
>>51743879
>resold at minimum financial loss

ITT mactoddlers that are so poor they need their computer to be a liquid asset that can be sold at moments notice when they lose their McJob and can't make rent.
>>
>>51743728
How about you leave them the fuck alone. Better yet, move out of Ireland, it's a dreadful place and explains your awful state of mind.

Other people make decisions you don't agree with. Other people have use cases that don't find yours. You need to learn to deal with this or you'll be unemployable.
>>
Friendly reminder that if you dislike Apple and Mac you're a child.
There is no better laptop than the Macbook Pro.
>>
>>51743946
Isn't it great that you can buy something that actually have some second hand value a couple of years after you bought it?
>>
>ITT: Autistic faggots

Let your sister get what ever laptop she fucking wants, why do you care?
>>
>>51743728
Call her a iNazi.
>>
>>51743998
/thread
>>
>>51744010
>>
>>51743946

ITT /g/entlemen who have no financial sensibility.

Enjoy renting for the rest of your life, anon.
>>
>>51743596
Chromebooks are shit and so is loonix, your mother is right.
>>
>>51743969
Friendly reminder that if you like Apple and Mac you're a child.
>>
>>51744101
Triggered.
>>
>>51743686
>the hardware is good
Luftwaffles
>>
>>51743998
This. I have a macbook pro and it really is the best laptop you can get and it really is 100% normie proof even my gf never ask me for anything about her air.
Chromebooks are shit
windows laptop are good but they are ugly, heavy, have a shit touchpad and display
>>
>>51744408
>800mhz
>boils water
>zero travel shit keyboard
>diving board floppy trackshitpad
>best anything

2/10
That's the best I can give you.
>>
>>51743879
Make no mistake anon, Thinkpad fags are no better. They like their thinkpads for a different reason though. It's a sense of superiority.
>>
>>51744408

>my gf
>my apple

Go back to Pinterest normie
>>
File: le get a chinkpad face.jpg (42 KB, 840x450) Image search: [Google]
le get a chinkpad face.jpg
42 KB, 840x450
>>51744489
The laptop getting hot is the only real issue and it only happens if you play games or do video editing which his sister probably won't do
The rest is "opinions" of someone who probably never used one
>pic related is you
>>
>>51744677
>>51744677
macbook pro and win7 desktop master race
>>my gf
stop being autistic
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.