[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a skype interview in a few minutes, wish me luck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Sticky2.gif (2 KB, 105x128) Image search: [Google]
Sticky2.gif
2 KB, 105x128
I'm having a skype interview in a few minutes, wish me luck /g/bros! It's always a challenge to pretend I'm not autistic

pic unrelated
>>
>>51735696

Good luck Anon! I am sure you'll do great!
>>
I believe.
>>
>>51735704
ty man
>>
>>51735696
You're doing interview through Skype or to apply for a job at Skype? Be specific nigger
>>
>>51735696
you'll do great felow 4chaner
>>
>>51735723
through Skype
>>
>>51735696
>skype interview
always reminds me of that fucking indian guy.
>I put my skreu driver everywhere!
>>
>>51735737
haha what is that?
>>
If it were me I'd be stressed about the call quality for a skype interview, but maybe they have ways around that.

Anyhow, good luck m8.
>>
>>51735748
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NddJYKzwHU
>>
I'm back. It went...... more or less decently I'd say. I was nervous and more autistic than I'd like to, but I still think I actually did decently, I landed jobs doing the interview worse than that, it was with non-technical HR girls so we will see...

Also, the audio sucked so I had to turn off webcam and use my headphones instead, then my internet failed for the frist time in months and they called over the phone and the audio really sucked.
>>
>>51736106

Good job OP. The technical problems could work to your advantage, actually, in that they will make you more memorable. If you handled them without getting flustered (which it sounds like you did, moving from video to audio to the phone), then that will help make a good impression.

Hope you make it to the next round!
>>
>>51736106
>skype
welp
>>
>>51736106
Just know that they didn't have pants on that entire time
>>
>>51735696
did you clean your room only in the fov of the webcam and did you wear any pants?
>>
What was in the background?
If I turned my webcam on, behind me is the laundry, hygiene products and a messy blanket.
>>
>not already having am offer
Come on anon i had that shit last month
>>
Let the autism flow during the technical interview portion. I had a Skype interview with a developer for an internship and he asked me a difficult algorithm question which I had never encountered before. I guess I was expecting like a fizzbuzz or something, and spent 10 minutes not knowing what the fuck to do, but somehow my autism kicked in and I was able to solve it without looking completely retarded. But now they want to fly me out for an in person interview, where my autism will once again work against me. Maybe remote positions would be better
>>
>>51736167
Fizz buzz is a meme m8 for startups
>>
>>51736235
This was a startup. I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
>>51736241
What kind of startup is willing to fly you out there.
>>
>>51736264
Most of them, they need js ninjas with css experience
>>
>>51735928
What is that fucking channel ?!
I would never do interviews over skype holy fucking shit what.

There was one time (4 years ago) where one company told me "Hey we didn't find you on facebook or somewhere else" and I told them to fuck off (I really did)
>>
>>51737054
careful not to cut yourself on that edge anon
>>
>>51735696
OP how nice of you to record your interview for us

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULqAIbjCsXE
>>
>>51737311
kek'd
>>
>>51736167
haha good luck m8

>>51736126
thank you!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.