[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My ISP has blocked me from torrenting. How do I bypass that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: micro.png (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
micro.png
4 KB, 225x225
My ISP has blocked me from torrenting. How do I bypass that? Can I get a penalty from my ISP?
>>
https://whatbox.ca/
>>
>>51734599
a vpn or a seedbox
>>
VPN
>I c-can't afford $30 a year

Stop torrenting then.
>>
>>51734599

v v v v v v v v
> C U C K <
> U C K C <
> C K C U <
> K C U C <
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
>>
>>51734599
> PeerBlock
> iBlockList (or wherever you want to get blocklists from)
> See if your ISP is listed
> Add ISP
>>
>>51735155
The reason people orrent is not not pay for shit, dumbass.
>>
>>51735155
>can't spend money to save money
Well, shit, might as well actually by the product then
>>
>>51734599
Guys, help me please. I'm so sad. I can't download Haruhi Suzumiya soundtrack
>>
>>51734599
www.bitport.io is very noice

I use their free tier (1GB traffic per day, 2GB storage) because I'm a jew and don't want them to have my shiny shekels, but it would basically cost you 5$ for unlimited traffic and 20GB of storage which is more than enough.
>>
>>51734599
Call your ISP and cancel your service with them.

They'll do just about anything to stop you from going to a competitor, and the first thing they're going to ask you is why you want to cancel the service.

Tell them why, and if they won't guarantee you the issue will be resolved in 24 hours or less, cancel the account.

>>
>>51734599
delete system32.
>>
>>51736051
>www.bitport.io
>featuring antivrus control
checked
garbage
>>
How does a vpn work? Wouldn't your ISP still know you were torrenting and shit?
>>
>>51734599
I didn't know ISPs did shit like that.
Heck ISPs aren't even allowed to block sites where I live and I never had problems with them.
>>
File: 1436383044242.jpg (37 KB, 379x503) Image search: [Google]
1436383044242.jpg
37 KB, 379x503
>>51734599
>Office has massive database that is all torrented
>torrent from it all the time at home because I do lots of work form home
>ISP blocks me from torrenting
>call them up to complain
>the 3 people I talk to on the phone all say "torrenting is illegal!!!"
>it was just legit office files and I never torrent anything else but that shit

MFW
>>
>>51736094
>hello I want to cancel because I cant illegally download chinese cartoons and gta v
>>
>>51734599
Use put.io
>>
>>51735317
>>51735325

Because you're not going to pirate way fucking more than $30 worth of shit per year? Please. You're just dirt poor.

VPN had uses outside of torrent also.
>>
>>51735360
If you search in the archive, there's a mega link of it.
>>
>>51736708
>Hello, I'm cancelling my 2-year contract (and paying $200 for doing that) because you are invading my privacy.
>>
>>51734599
You were probablly going to download illegally anyway

Why not respect the copyright of people who worked hard to create content instead???

Maybe get a job
>>
>>51736459
That is literally the purpose of a vpn (virtual private network)

www.google.com
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.