[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I think I made a terrible terrible mistake. >All my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wake_me_up_inside.jpg (22 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
wake_me_up_inside.jpg
22 KB, 350x350
Guys I think I made a terrible terrible mistake.

>All my life I've struggled in school and had no friends
>Around 8th grade I stayed inside all day long and stayed on the internet
>Became extremely paranoid of social relations with other people
>My grades dropped to an all time low
>I find out about the GNU project and Linux
>Start dedicating my life to the cause of free software
>I have flunked out of high school completely at this point
>I don't have a phone and I always carry around one of those libreboot thinkpad laptops with me everywhere
>It runs Debian with no proprietary software at all
>When people need to contact me I converse with them over the text message to email gateway most phone providers support
>My libreboot laptop is connected to a bluetooth speaker in my pocket so whenever I get an email it alerts me similar to how a cellphone does
>I connect to open wifi networks all the time so I can receive emails when my parents or my 1 friend needs to contact me
>I'm 22 now and never went to college
>I haven't shaven in months
>I work at a local riteaid as a cashier
>My family thinks I'm overly paranoid of the government and software companies
>I spend most of my free time watching anime or MLP
>Sometimes I get a bit of social activity at Starbucks where I can get free wifi for my libreboot thinkpad

What do I do?
>>
Living the dream
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>51724408
> Start dedicating my life to the cause of free software.
> Runs Debian.
> I made a terrible terrible mistake.
Clearly you have. Install Gentoo instead.
>>
>>51724426
I do feel like I'm living the dream to be honest but I am finally starting to realize there's something wrong with my lifestyle.
>>
>>51724474
My libreboot thinkpad takes a long time to compile. I have used parabola in the past which works pretty well but it's easier to maintain my system with Debian Stable plus backports.
>>
>>51724426
This.
/thread
>>
>>51724483

www.myprivateaudio.com learn the law
>>
"Not pulling out and finishing in her mouth was the biggest mistake I ever made." - Daniel Stallman
>>
>starbucks wifi

You do realize they log all mac addresses that log in at starbucks right?
>>
>>51724634
I know it's privacy invasive for sure. I have a cron script to forge my mac address every 3 days. I always use a VPN for browsing and I make sure HTTPS Everywhere is in block all HTTP requests mode.
>>
>>51724408
Get a job writing proprietary software so that you can move out of your mom's basement and stop being an autistic fuck
>>
Mate, you have a talent and an interest. Develop it. Git gud. And get a job.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1441428703704.jpg (140 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1441428703704.jpg
140 KB, 1000x1502
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.