[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaming Pc's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: alienware-alpha-1920.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
alienware-alpha-1920.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
Looking to buy a gaming pc. Don't really want to build, but I am willing. What should i get?

Also is the Alpha worth it?
>>
Fuck off and read the wiki stupid fuck
>>
>>51723407
Why can't they contain this shit in >>>/v/?
>>
>>51723407
overpriced PoS
>>
>>39894014
>>39894014
>>39894014
>>
>>51723439
went to /v/ they told me to ask /g/
>>
iMac 5k for best gaming.
>>
>>51723407
i7, 16gb ram, latest AMD card
Also download Steam for the awesome sales.
>>
Build on yourself, otherwise you're retarded.

Google logical increments. Starts there, decide a budget, and do a little research.

It's not hard, doesn't take much time to research or build, and you'll get a better computer for the price in the end.
>>
>>51723407
read the sticky
>>
Guys

>MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 4GB GDDR5

or

>Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 Gaming G1 WindForce 2X 8GB GDDR5

Same price
>>
>>51723502
>Also download Steam for the awesome sales
Steam sales stopped being awesome when PC gaming got popular again.
>>
>>51723842
I'd say get the 390. They will both perform about the same, but a very modest overclock on the 390 will make it edge out the 290x.
>>
>>51723854
They still have some good deals if you just keep an eye out.
>>
>>51723456
Fucking /v/. Go ask /fa/ or something
>>
>>51723439
computers are technology
>>
the alpha is a good deal if you get it <400 USD

you can upgrade the CPU, HDD, and RAM so there's that
>>
If there's a computer store near you (I mean computer store, not huge retail store that happens to sell computers), you could let them build it for you. That's what I did for my first pc. They might do a shitty cable management job, but that's because they are getting paid to assemble it and aren't really going to be excited after seeing it post for the first time.
>>
>>51724553
Why would you do that?

It's easy as shit to assemble a computer yourself, doesn't take much time, and then you can do the cable management exactly how you want. Not to mention the fact that it's free vs paying for somebody else to do something that easy.

I bet you take your car in for oil changes too.
>>
>>51723803
How do you know if the pc parts are compatible with each other though?
>>
File: Copy of Mad 17T.jpg (374 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Copy of Mad 17T.jpg
374 KB, 1024x768
>>51727993
wat
>>
>>51723456
>went to board
>didn't read rules
>they said "go to board"
>didn't read rules
>>
If you really can't figure out how to build you own, just google LanHAUS.

They'll build whatever you tell them to for a cheap price, and if you're completely braindead and can't figure how to pcpartpicker, they'll walk you through the whole process.

Maybe they'll even send you a helmet that matches whatever case you pick.
>>
>>51723456
go ask /po/
>>
>>51727993
they have a thing called sockets
and you have a thing called google
>>
>>51723444
The Alienware Steam Machine is actually the cheapest of the Steam Machines.
>>
>>51723407
Find a friend capable of building for you.

Ask him for a case without a window and parts without LEDs.

If he balks at the above, find a different friend to ask.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.