[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C++ IDE for Mac?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: CPlusPlus.jpg (36 KB, 433x455) Image search: [Google]
CPlusPlus.jpg
36 KB, 433x455
I've been looking around for a decent, modern looking IDE for Mac that is fast and simple. Can /g/ help me out?

>inb4 "faggot uses a mac"
>>
>>51718498

Don't bother, you'll be told to use text editors and the command line, then be lectured about how you should use Linux
>>
>>51718498

I would suggest a hammer or a brick.
>>
>>51718498
xcode
>>
Vim
>>
>>51718498
Download Arch Linux and Emacs.
>>
>>51718639
If I wanted to kill myself I would've gone to /b/ thanks.
>>
Serious answer: Qt Creator. Decent auto-completion and qmake is pretty simple to use.

I haven't tried CLion, but Jetbrains do have a good track-record of making great IDEs.
>>
>>51718498
Code beans or eclipse has a c++ mode. Don't listen to the fags who say to use a text editor. They may be useful for writing scripts but any serious programming these days requires an ide.
>>
Vim is actually awesome but if you really need a user friendly env. I would definetely use sublime text 3 with xcode command line tools that includes the compiler gcc. Believe me it's the best for you for learning purposes and for productivity later in the future a powerful text editor is the programmers best friend
>>
>>51718944
Heeey text editors aren't simple anymore a modular ide gives the user the option of using add ons to improve the iser experience. You can completely personalize your experience
>>
>>51718498
sublime text is a good option. i use it at work (on windows) because our code base is too big for visual studio.
>>
CLion.
JetBrains products are some of the best IDEs I've ever used.

All I need now is C# and every bit of programming I do will be in a JetBrains IDE.
>>
>>51718703
This.

+ Ready to use huge GUI framework and other blink blinks.
>>
>>51719343
Is it not very slow for you?
Clion is neat but performance has been shit. I switched to KDevelop (but this is on Linux).

On OSX I'd just use Xcode.
>>
>>51718568
>>51719925
this
>>
>>51719925
>Is it not very slow for you?
No. I've had days where IntelliJ has been open for 15-20 hours, and I never had any performance issues.
>>
>>51718498
>IDE

why?
eclipse if you're a lame scrub.
>>
>>51720648
at least with eclipse you have eclim as well.
>>
>>51719925
>Is it not very slow for you?
Works fine for me.

What kind of slowness do you mean? Text editing works perfectly fast, autocompletion / fuzzy-search works perfectly fast, the only thing I've noticed is that the menus take a second to open for the first time but thats basically it.
>>
Clion.
If it works flawlessly on my shitty ass notebook, it should work on your Mac.
>>
>>51718498
xcode or Eclipse CDT for easy-mode

I use Vim
>>
>>51718498
Atom + gcc faggot
>>
VIM + YCM + LLDB, works fine too btw.
>>
File: chakra.png (409 KB, 2818x1498) Image search: [Google]
chakra.png
409 KB, 2818x1498
an app that hosts the chakra javascript runtime.

pretty fun to interface between C++ and javascript and my first UAP app besides work.
>>
Visual Studio Code is multi-platform from microsoft, and the intellisense is just as good as full visual studio.
https://code.visualstudio.com/
>>
CLion
JetBrains IDEs are fucking beautiful for OSX
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.