[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I stop installing ROMs? This is so addictive,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: hakase.png (386 KB, 845x482) Image search: [Google]
hakase.png
386 KB, 845x482
Why can't I stop installing ROMs?

This is so addictive, damn it! I know they're made by people who don't shit in the shitter, but still, god damn!
>>
>>51712497

Can't really understand people who do this.

Only time I flashed a couple of ROMs in short succession was when the HD2 was first getting Android. Didn't take long to settle on Tytung's NexusHD2.

Now I'm using a Xiaomi MI4 and the choices are stock or buggy mess. Don't listen to the street shitters on en.miui.com. Buggy Mess.
>>
>>51712552
I really want Kitkat, but the only good working builds are Lollipop.

So I trawl through the kitkat roms, trying to find one that is not buggy.

It's because I rooted my phone recently. (It's not my first rodeo with rooting phones).

I'm sure I'll eventually get angry at all the little bugs and quietly revert to rooted stock/or a stock based ROM, just like I did on my old phone.
>>
>>51712497
The thing is, when you talk about pubic hair you have to explain what race's pubic hair you're talking about because some have it smooth and neat while other's is just an afro.
On the other hand I cannot think of a "dignified" penis.
>>
>>51712497
For me it's either stock or the latest stable CM release.
>>
>tfw chinkphone
>have to make all rooms myself because Russian roms are garbage and Chinese roms are literally botnets
>>
File: Huawei-Ascend-Mate-2.jpg (34 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
Huawei-Ascend-Mate-2.jpg
34 KB, 600x467
I'm trying to put Cynogenmod on my Huawei ascend mate 2 but it needs a code to unlock the bootloader. I've fucked around with Huawei support for ages and they just send me in circles and never give me anything and when I use the bootloader unlock tool I just keep getting errors in chinese.

Has anyone ever unlocked the bootloader on one of these pieces of shit before, or should I just kill myself for having carrying a chinese spy in my pocket?
>>
File: nep.png (224 KB, 398x666) Image search: [Google]
nep.png
224 KB, 398x666
What's a ROM anon?
>>
>>51713620
>Wants to run Cyanogenmod.
>Did not make sure BEFORE buying the device that it's easily able to run Cyanogenmod.

Sounds like a friend of mine that also wanted to get in on the Cyanogenmod action after I showed him my Nexus 4 a few years ago. He head a bitch of a time trying to do it on his Moto X, non developer edition. He almost bricked his phone.
>>
>>51712497
Really?
On my x10 mini pro I instantly settled on mini cm 7.
I tried a few on my htc desire s before settling on a ics rom.
I tried a few on my nexus 5 before settling on purity.
I tried 2 on my g3 before settling on the 3rd, fulmics.

I don't think I've ever tried more than 5 before finding something really well built and stable. You must have a problem. Maybe an iPhone or windows phone would be better for you.
>>
>>51713939
>installing cm on a nexus

Fucking why?
>>
>>51714152
Why would you buy a nexus if you're not going to install custom firmware?

Stock android is a meme, cyanogenmod is better in literally every single way
>>
>>51714168
I disagree.
Purity is the best rom for nexus devices.

CM is good for people on other devices wanting a vanilla android.
>>
>>51714204
>Purity is the best rom for nexus devices
Im talking under the hood, cyanogenmods rate of development is unmatched and it has some seriously skilled devs.

Userspace differences with AOSP based roms is pretty irrelevant with xposed in my opinion. Cyanogenmod hardly adds any userspace additions because their goal is to improve performance and stability and they achieve that on most phones, not just Nexus devices
>>
Guys, should I flash CM 12.1?

I'm already rooted - I've done a lot of things with the stock Jelly Bean, but I'm thinking about taking it up a notch. I've got unlocked

What will I lose?
>>
I was reading about multi window and how Google basically threatened Cyanogenmod into removing the mod even though technically it's very basic code, and that fucking sucks

I'm probably gonna go with Omnirom on my n6
>>
>>51714321
on what device?
>>
>>51714321
unlocked bootloader and twrp recovery*

>>51714326
Xperia L
>>
>>51714273
Please just try purity before saying more.
With hellscore kernel it added half an hour SoT to my nexus 5 and was smooth as fuck.
Smoother than cm could ever be.
>>
>>51714328
>Xperia L
If the port is relatively bugless, then i don't see why not although you're unlikely to have a better experience on lollipop. Kitkat would be better. Marshmallow seems to have improved performance on devices across the board, so it might be worth holding off till cm13 is available for your device.

>>51714341
I tried all of them when i had my nexus 5, i know purity is highly regarded on the n5, but as a general rule with all devices considered, cyanogenmod is going to always be the best bet

I don't know if myfluxi has continued working on the n5? but his work on the caf branch of cyanogenmod was amazing
>>
>>51714380
I've heard that Kitkat is very buggy - it takes a solid minute to wake up after turning the screen off.

CM13 development has started, but some people have reported hard-bricked devices. It's a no-go zone for me now.

I kinda hate lollipop because one single entry in the settings takes 1/4th of the screen. Honestly, how retarded is that?

If someone finds a way to fix the wake bug on kitkat, I'm gonna be using it.
>>
I don't understand. They're all literally the same, save for the atrocious "themes" that they put on.
>>
>>51714518
Nope.

CM/AOSP is what everyone uses as a base. Once the ports of those get stable enough, other people start creating ROMs with more features.

debloated stock is the way to go, and noone here knows it
>>
>>51712497
enjoy your lagdroid faggot
>>
>>51712497
Is that the same doujin where Ritsuko orders her to spin around three times and say cocks? Sauce please.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.