[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DOES THIS KEEP FUCKING HAPPENING!!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I keep downloading music and somehow parts of a track end up on another. It's crazy. The computer is playing DJ with me big time. Like, for example "Pay Attention" by Collen Green is the last seconds of "Nobody Really Cares If You Don't Go to the Party" by Courtney Barnett, then 10 seconds of a song I don't recognize, then another song for 20 seconds, and then the real "Pay Attention" starts, but of course it cuts out before it ends because all this can't fit within the runtime of ""Pay Attention". In return, "Nobody Really Cares If You Don't Go to the Party" begins with 1 minute and 30 seconds of yet another song, so fuck knows how many are corrupted like this.

Could this be the external drive failing on me? Everything plays fine, I'm just tired of having to redownload albums because of this.
>>
>pirating music
you got what you paid for :^)
>>
Try opening the files on another computer/OS. If you're torrenting, try different programs and OS's
>>
>>51710466
They weren't torrented, and I'm not yet bothered enough to go test them on another PC (frankly I'm pretty sure they actually are fucked and is not my computer).
>>
Defraggler gives GOOD health result by the way.
>>
Bump just in case anyone knows why this ocurrs.
>>
>>51710455
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
File: top secret.jpg (8 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
top secret.jpg
8 KB, 250x210
>>51712659
>being this new
>>
>>51710443
It sounds like your filesystem is very fucked. Recover what data you can and reformat.
>>
>>51710443
It's most likely bad sectors.
>>
>>51710525
I don't know if Defraggler still shows GOOD health if there are a few bad sectors -- if it just relies on the drive's own assessment of things, it will. Try with CrystalDiskInfo. From what I've seen it will play an alert sound and show a disk as failing if there's pending or remapped sectors. Or look in Defraggler's SMART tab to see if there are any issues. Remember to look at raw value rather than "current" for things like bad sectors.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.