[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a NEET pleb, /g/. I don't know anything but the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
I'm a NEET pleb, /g/. I don't know anything but the most basic shit about how to use computers, but I am considered the family computer wiz because I know how to google and shit, (I spend all day in front of one and am able to fix all their problems so they think I am a computer genius) a family friend is trying to set me up with an IT job and has been sending me emails about jobs in my area. This is the latest one, I told her I've never used CAD before and I'm not familiar with it and she replied

>A lot of that stuff is all, computer software so, we need to let them how well you adapt to that kind of stuff.

>I'll see if I can get more info for you. CMUX and CAN are just phone lines.

>Tell me if you have done any courses lately?
>What computer stuff can you do?
>Can you work out the CAD design software?

I haven't done any courses lately, how do I let her know I can't do shit?
>>
What would be the point of knowing how to use CAD software without any functional mechanical engineering knowledge?

>how do I let her know I can't do shit
Open up Solidworks, CATIA, Inventor, or whatever and show her a model you made (it has to be dickbutt), and tell her, "This is the best I can do."
>>
Why are you such a liability to your nation?
>>
>>51710450
Because I get paid to sit on my ass and do nothing all day.
>>
>>51710446
>What would be the point of knowing how to use CAD software without any functional mechanical engineering knowledge?

I have no idea.
>>
Do you use Windows, OP?
>>
bump, is anyone around?

I'm thinking of replying with this;

I haven't completed any courses in IT, I can read up on CAD software but I've never dealt with it. I would consider myself a person with only general computer knowledge, I know how to format a computer and install a new operating system, set up anti-virus, how to install drivers, how to enter a computers BIOS, etc. I can do many things but in saying that I don't know how to program or have the know how to /something something

please help me, /g/
>>
>>51711160
dont say
>I know how to format a computer and install a new operating system, set up anti-virus, how to install drivers, how to enter a computers BIOS
>>
Engineer here. CAD is extremely hard to learn unless you have some experience in it. You have to know a lot of commands by heart and creating models is just a major pain in the ass. If you want a super easy CAD program, use PTC CREO. It's easy as pie to some extent, and it's also very heavily used. AutoCAD is far more difficult, but perfect for building plans, etc. I have no comments on the others since I haven't used them.
>>
>>51711368
>don't say

How about you tell me what I should say, seeing as this is all the thread is about. That's actually the only noob stuff I anyone with basic computer skills can do.
>>
Before spilling your spaghetti with your family and maybe future contractor, ask yourself: do you really want this job?
>>
>>51712145
I do want a job, I need one. Probably not this one, though. I still need to let her know of what I can do and what I can't with computers though.
>>
>>51712190
You're clearly not qualified for anything that's even close to what they're asking, so quite frankly you're just going to have man up and be honest.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.