[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy an AMD from amazon >gets delivered, open it up >....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: amd-wide.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
amd-wide.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1200
>buy an AMD from amazon
>gets delivered, open it up
>....
>some pins are bent
WHY THE FUCK DO THEY PUT THE PINS ON THE CPU
>>
>>51700110
>AMD
>>
>>51700110
>buy an Intel mobo from amazon
>....
>some pins are bent
WHY THE FUCK DO THEY PUT THE PINS ON THE MOBO
>>
bend them back genious
>>
Because it's easier to insert a cpu that way, it just slides into place. If you don't believe me, assemble an Intel board and hear that death crunch from the pics being shoved in the slots. Also amd leaves space surrounded by hard plastic around the pins, blame your shipping company.
>>
>>51700167
Way less likely to happen since the socket has a cap on it which protects the pins, also, the pins are somewhere in the middle of the 'huge' mobo, if the pins would be bend, the mobo would have had to be severely damaged.
>>
I will always buy Intel™ because I only play games with Intel Inside™. Intel also pioneers innovative new technologies like Hyper Threading Technology™, Intel Rapid Start Technology™ and the highest quality chipsets to ever grace motherboards.
When I boot up with a brand new Intel™ i7™ with the latest Z chipset, I can enjoy the games the way they where meant to be with Intel Inside™. Intel™ also delivers a far more silkysmooth experience with its Hyper Threading Technology™.
Intel i5™ is also very power efficient. A processor is the most power hungry device in your house. Air conditioners, water heaters, lights, etc all use less power than a processor. Which is why Intel™ puts gamers first by ensuring that their gaming experience is of the highest quality while looking out for gamers by giving them the most value in their electrical bill.
At this point in time, there's really no reasons to consider an AMD processor at all. I tried once, it caused so much heat that it exploded and nearly burnt down my house. It also consumed so much power that it produced an EMP and destroyed not only the rest of my computer but my entire neighborhood.
Intel™ also pioneered how useless MORE CORES is with the i™ series processors. Years ago, everyone thought MORE CORES were the future. Now, Intel™ has debunked that myth entirely and increased efficiency. Now you can save thousands a year in electricity thanks to Intel™ with its powerful IPC. MORE CORES will never be part of Intel's™ line up.
It's quite clear that OPs an AMD shill trying to convince you to settle on something less than the optimal experience with Intel Inside™. Intel™ is the only real way to play games. We have seen recently that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Intel C++ Compiler. He is probably too poor to afford the Intel Inside™ experience and can not afford to play any games.
Don't be a poor gamer with bad chipsets and a huge power bills. Play games with Intel Inside™
>>
>>51700110
>Buy an AMD fx black edition from amazon
>free tin can
>oh and cpu isn't bent
>>
>>51700110

>buy an Intel cpu from amazon
>place in motherboard, install heatsink
>...
>entire cpu is bent
WHY THE FUCK DO THEY PUT THE HEATSINK ON THE CPU
>>
AMD CPUs have a little sponge thing that the pins are stuck into to prevent them from moving around during transport.
>>
>>51700397
This
OP a lying sack of Intel chips
>>
File: installAM3HSF_pkg4.jpg (58 KB, 550x386) Image search: [Google]
installAM3HSF_pkg4.jpg
58 KB, 550x386
>>51700213
>Way less likely to happen since the socket has a cap on it which protects the pins

So does the cpu...
>>
>>51700322
>tfw bought fx 8350 from china
>tfw came in some ghetto packaging
>tfw no tin can

it werks though
>>
>>51700110
>WHY THE FUCK DO THEY PUT THE PINS ON THE CPU
Because AMD is not as smart as Intel.

>>51700167
>WHY THE FUCK DO THEY PUT THE PINS ON THE MOBO
Because Intel is smart enough to make you RMA your motherboard instead of your Intel CPU, which would cost Intel money.
>>
>>51700110
As long as it's not completely fucked, just use a credit card to bend them back.

Or return it and get them to ship you a new one.
>>
>>51700110
>AMD
>>
File: speccy.png (90 KB, 1039x704) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
90 KB, 1039x704
>AMD

Feels good ey op!
>>
>>51700110
>some pins are bent
holy fucking shit anon, the universe has ended now

FUCKING UNBEND THEM YOU FAGGOT AND STOP WHINING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH
>>
>>51700279
anyone have the original nvidia version?
>>
>>51700367
underrated
>>
>>51700110
>WHY THE FUCK DO THEY PUT THE PINS ON THE CPU
Typically speaking, when something is a part of a larger assembly the male bits go on the smaller easier to replace item, and the female connectors go on the larger more complex item as its just inherently more durable. Most things work this way, everything from CPU's to wire looms to velcro
>>
>>51701038
>>51700661
These.

CPU pins are so much fucking easier to bend back
>>
>>51701038
fuck that shit send it back
also you bought it from the amazon market didn't you, not amazon itself, amirite
>>
>>51701200
meh if they've been bent before and restraightened then the pins just might break when he unbends them, it would also void his warranty for fixing it himself instead of returning it
>>
>>51701306
I don't think you know what you're talking about, and haven't done this yourself

I bent THE FUCK out of my FX processor by pulling the cooler off way too hard. It was completely fucking bent in a million directions almost like the tech gore pics. I still managed to make it work without losing a single pin in the end after unbending it for an hour+
>>
>>51701008
>8350
>650 TI
how does it feel to be poor? LMFAO
>>
>>51700367
Buying skylake/10
>>
>>51700562
That's...that's impressive.
>>
>>51700367
Don't use an electric screwdriver senpai desu.
>>
>installing 212 evo on my athlon 760k
>need to take radiator off after applying paste but not powering the computer on yet
>pull on radiator
>cpu comes with it stuck to the thermal paste like glue
>mobo cpu lock still in the "locked" position
>ohshiti'mfucked
>unlock and reinsert cpu
>everything just works
>>
>>51700110
You can send it back to amazon for $0.
>>
Zen/AM4 is going to have even more pins :^)
>>
>>51700596
>Because Intel is smart enough to make you RMA your motherboard instead of your Intel CPU, which would cost Intel money.

holy shit, as much as I hate intel, that's some pretty clever jewing.
>>
>>51704545
Intel's LGA sockets are also more expensive than AMD's PGA, and not having to add pins to the CPU is one less manufacturing step.
>>
>>51700110
>Not blaming Amazon or the shipping company.
>>
>>51704042
Noone actually knows the answer to this.

AMD might go LGA. Why don't you fuck off.
>>
>>51700167
Mobo is cheaper than CPU my senpai.
>>
>OP is a child that doesnt know of the times when CPU sockets didnt have retention arms and the CPU had to be pried out of the socket with a knife
Try getting on of those out without bending the pins a little.
>>
>>51700110
It's better to put the pins on the chip, it's easier to fix, and in addition you don't run into problems likes skylake is having

plus the install process is much nicer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdDccsbv5hA
>>
File: dmgctrl.jpg (149 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
dmgctrl.jpg
149 KB, 650x650
>>51700167
>>
>>51700213

so does the cpu lol.

Op is just being a gaybo
>>
>>51700367
This actually happens???
>>
>>51706680
The problems skylake is having are not related to having pins on the chip. Skylake's problems are due to the substrate/integrated HSF thickness which is separate from where the pins are.

That said, pins are generally easier to fix on the chip. Having the pins on the chip is not a cure-all.
>>
>>51701090
I will always buy Nvidia™ because I only play games The Way It's Meant to be Played™. Nvidia also pioneers innovative new technologies like PhysX™, Gameworks™ and the highest quality driver to ever grace Windows. When I boot up with a brand new Nvidia™ Geforce™, I can experience the game just like it's mean to be played. Nvidia™ also delivers a far more silkysmooth experience.
Nvidia Geforce™ is also very power efficient. A graphic card is the most power hungry device in your house. Refrigerators, air conditioners, water heaters, dish washers, lights, etc all use significantly less power than a graphic card. Which is why Nvidia™ puts gamers first by ensuring that their gaming experience is of the highest quality while looking out for gamers by giving them the most value in their electrical bill. At this point in time, there's really no reasons to consider an AMD graphic card at all. I tried one one time, it caused so much heat that it exploded. It also consumed so much power that it gave on an EMP and destroyed the rest of my computer. Nvidia™ also pioneered how useless GPGPU is with CUDA™. Years ago, everyone thought GPGPU, CUDA™, and OpenCL were the future. Now, Nvidia™ has removed those useless features from their GPUs and increased efficiency. Now you can save thousands a year in electricity thanks to Nvidia™ ensuring that useless features like GPGPU are "optimized" for games. It's quite clear that OP's an AMD shill trying to convince you to settle on something less than The Way It's Mean to be Played™. Nvidia™ is the only real way to play games. We have seen recently that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Nvidia Gameworks. He is probably too poor to afford the Nvidia Geforce Experience and can not afford to play any games The Way It's Mean To be Played™.
Don't be a poor gamer with bad drivers and a huge power bill. Play games with the Geforce™ Experience The Way It's Mean To Be Played™
>>
>>51706939
I mean more that the chip is going to be better reinforced by the motherboard if the pins are on the chip
>>
>>51700110
>>51700167
/thread
>>
File: FEjjSLJ.jpg (25 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
FEjjSLJ.jpg
25 KB, 600x450
>>51700110
>pics or it never happened
>>
>>51700188
I recently built a PC with an i5. There was no loud crunching noises at all.
>>
File: 20151205_181831.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151205_181831.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>51700110
I just ordered my 8350 and my mobo came in yesterday
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.