[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>open tech review video on youtube >le cinematically sliding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: chocolatecookie.jpg (11 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
chocolatecookie.jpg
11 KB, 640x360
>open tech review video on youtube
>le cinematically sliding camera movement
>close tab
>>
@51698237
who are you quoting?
>>
>>51698237
must be from the tech nigger MKBHD ?
>>
HEEEY GUUUUYS THIS IS AAHSTIN
>>
>>51698711
Wut the @?????

>>@
>>
>heey what is up everybody, its your boy _____ here bringing you another tech review
>>
File: image_32.jpg (33 KB, 637x389) Image search: [Google]
image_32.jpg
33 KB, 637x389
>>51698711
>>
WAT A BOBBY DAZLLER
>>
>open tech review video on youtube
>le cinematically sliding camera movement
>production values way to high for a phone review
>review is actually for a $10,000 camera
>don't know what to think
>>
File: 1374366200800.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1374366200800.png
128 KB, 308x308
>Thanks for watching! Don't forget to check us out on Patreon so we can use your money you earned by actually contributing to society on a 6K RED Dragon and 10 lenses :^)
>>
>>51698237
>>51699059
Serious question: do OEMs pay off these channels so they can do the expensive/time-consuming cinematography for them that the normie press then picks up?
>>
>remember to like comment and subscribe! Check us out on facebook and twitter for the latest updates!
>>
>>51699124
Pretty much. The truth of it is more like this.

>given free product "for review porpoises only"
>also cash if they have enough subscribers
Assuming they already have a bunch of subscribers, they already have a dank camera and mac pro for editing and streaming. Gotta spend money to make money.
>"professional" consumer electronic journalists (who asked for too much dosh and got spurned by manufacturers) watch the videos and "report" on it
>youtuber becomes more popular
>gets more cash to make infomercials

Ad revenue pays for most of the recording gear, paid reviews are just the reward for buying it. I played the game for a while back when it was easy to get in, but didn't want to pull a pewds. Selling my services to the highest bidder is one thing, pandering to the youtube audience is another entirely.
>>
>>51699426
I've thought about starting a channel for old/foreign/weird tech. Would there be an audience for that?
>>
>>51699466

Yes, there would be. The question is whether or not you'd do it for profit or not. I don't think that thinkgeek type of odd tech is going to make much money via manufacturers / subscribers.
>>
Fucking Tech Hipsters started this god awful crap.
>>
>>51699466
Fuck yes. You'll eventually have to branch out after the first year or so, especially if you want that infomercial money. You can only do so much dendy chronicle styled shit.

For old tech, it really depends on the presentation of the video. What are you trying to say, what are you trying to present? You don't have to go full screaming retard youtuber, but some level of entertainment is necessary. Just make some practice videos about something that you want to watch and really hone down the presentation and script.
>>
>>51699491
I don't really care about making money from it. Right now I'm working on my programming skills/trying to get back into college to finish my degree after getting put on probation. I'm just bored and have a lot of free time. But I'd like to have an actual audience and not just chase after something with absolutely no interest.
>>
>open tech review video of some obscure object
>some fat spic with his webcam fumbling around for 15 minutes repeating the same things over and over
>>
File: wzrbqe.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wzrbqe.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
how the fuck does this guy manage to pronounce almost every sentence like a question. is that a common way of talking from where he's from?
>>
File: look_at_him.jpg (23 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
look_at_him.jpg
23 KB, 400x299
>>51698711
>>
>>51699466
I'd watch it. I mean, I already watch a lot of videos like that from Lazy Game Reviews. But a channel focused more on tech and not on video game would be nice.
>>
>>51699578
Why do the VAST majority of professional tech reviewers have the worst narrating voices? I watch MKBHD largely because he knows how to talk to a fucking camera.
>>
>>51699641
Because they're not "professional".
>>
>>51699466
Yeah I would watch that
>>
>>51699578
wow, he really got fucked in the gene lotto
>>
>>51699535
I want to review stuff kinda like this: http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/2/9080499/psion-series-5-vintage-pda-review

as well as bizarro shit (failed products/platforms no one remembers, old MIDI peripherals, etc.) from flea markets and similar places (I live near several great ones).

Not sure exactly how I'm going approach the "entertainment" angle. I'll just do practice videos until something sticks I guess. Also my mother was a professional photographer until a few years ago so I have access to a whole basement of light boxes and shit. I have an older Nikon DSLR that probably shoots video and can get something like a Blue Yeti on discount right now and bang out something that looks half decent.
>>
That's why Mobile Tech Review is best. Lisa may be an unconventional tech reviewer, and the videos don't exactly look great, but the reviews are long, in depth and talk about virtually every aspect of the device.
>>
>>51698237
> "Something meaningless to everyone in the world bothers me"
You will never hold a job.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.