[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Budget PC build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1425630812049.png (113 KB, 442x423) Image search: [Google]
1425630812049.png
113 KB, 442x423
What's the best budget PC that I can make for ~$400? I know there's a ton of guides out there, but I'm wondering which is the best since I don't know shit about computers. I'd like to be able to do some gaming on it as well
>>
Google logical increments, then do some research.

Depending on the games you want to play and what resolution/quality you'll most likely want to save up some more money. You aren't gonna do much for $400.
>>
>>51692739
Alright thanks. What would you say is the minimum price for a decent gaming computer?
>>
Why do shitters automatically think you can get quality for cheap?

Just get a GTX 950, an i3 4170 and a corresponding motherboard. Get 8 GB RAM or 4 if you wanna jew it up, a Caviar Blue HDD, a cheap case you like and a good PSU. Consider getting an SSD and an optical drive.
>>
>>51692803
You can squeeze out a decent amount of power with $400, just don't expect to be able to go over mid settings on most modern games. $700-800 will get you significant increases.
>>
IMO get something used. $400 isn't enough for a decent set of new components. Something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-790-i7-2600-3-4-ghz-8GB-250-GB-Quadro-600-gfx-Win-7-Pro-/321937637557

Save up another $400 or so and that machine will probably accept a GTX 960 and 500GB SSD.
>>
Have you looked into the pentium g3258?
It may only be dual core, but it's overclocking potential makes a a good pick for budget builds.
I can run any game and you can hit 4.2 GHz on the stock cooler easily.

It is dual core (without hyperthreading) and it will have limits, but for $70 it will play your games and your chinese cartoons.
>>
File: 1449041479751.png (208 KB, 301x428) Image search: [Google]
1449041479751.png
208 KB, 301x428
Can someone also recommend me entry tier monitor/keyboard/mouse
>>
>>51692668
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qbztzy
>>
>>51694142
Entry tier! I'd say Logitech MK120 set and maybe the DELL D2015HM that's on Newegg right now for $80.

If you have a local PC recycler you can probably get a decent entry level kb, mouse and monitor for under $50 total.
>>
>>51692668
If 400 bucks is your range then just get a console you poor fag
>>
>>51694353
You can still do much better than console for that money though, so why would he?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.