[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone tell me what fried on my brand new motherboard. Never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_2273.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2273.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Can anyone tell me what fried on my brand new motherboard. Never even got to start this bitch up.
>>
hard to tell. take a pic of it head-on
>>
Did you try turning it off and back on again?
>>
>>51691586
It's fucked bro. Just throw it away. Or give it to me.
>>
>>51691904
Guess thats what I get for buying cheap shit. I got warranty fuck it.
>>
>>51691586
Looks like an msi "military class" mobo
>>
>>51692286
Nah, MSI H81M-P33. Nothing special
>>
Looks like you let the 'OC Genie' out OP ;)
>>
>>51692518
I wish the fuck he would get back in. Cunt is going to cause me a headache trying to get a replacement
>>
>>51691586
Looks like a cap or a ferrite. They both have the same shape and it's hard to tell *after* it blows up.

...but it would only blow up if something else was fucked. Like you shorted something to the case putting it together. And if it blew up, god knows what else blew too.
>>
>>51692607
Wouldn't that be a nice $500 mistake.
>>
>>51691586
It's a surface mount cap. That wouldn't have been the fault though, but rather a victim of it. Whatever the case, it's fucked and it won't be replaced under warranty as they'll say it was your fault (which it probably was).
>>
>>51692421
>Bought MSI
Found your problem.
>>
>>51692935
Fuck.
>>
>>51692935
Is it possible my CPU, Memory and Video card are also fucked now cause if it is im just going to blow my brains out right here lol
>>
>>51692935
I think this guy is talking out his ass, as far as guessing what kind of component it was. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, your pic makes it hard to tell. My guess would be a voltage regulator IC, but again not a good enough angle to see.
>>
>>51693108
It's possible, but you'd be pretty unlucky to have killed everything. No way to know until you get a new board and hook things up again.

>>51693124
Are you retarded or something? Did you even actually look at the picture? It's clearly a cap. Like, clearly. A fucking voltage regulator IC? Jesus christ, anon.
>>
Gotta make sure you move the pegs under the mobo before you mount and turn it on. Lol
>>
>>51693315
I agree with you. After searching it up on google images it do resemble a surface mount cap. It looks just like them four boxes that are on the right of the circle in my pic.

>>51693377
Move the pegs? By that I guess you mean install the metal standoffs? The one thing I couldnt figure out what it was until AFTER I blew the mobo and searched it all up haha. I will defenetly be using them next time
>>
>>51693124
This, you can't never be sure with computors.
>>
Alright whatever the fuck it is, not like its going to help me fix it cause fuck soldering. Where the fuck can I bring this to get it fixed? Will regular computer repair shops do this type of shit?
>>
>>51693444
>Didn't use standoffs
Uh oh
>>
>>51693564
Uh oh is right. In the heat of the moment wanting to get that shit together and the lack of sleep my brain did a big fuck up.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.