[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i need a new shitty gaming pc as mine just died, im very bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 83-227-509-02[1].jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
83-227-509-02[1].jpg
26 KB, 640x480
i need a new shitty gaming pc as mine just died, im very bad with computers in general so i need some help.
i know newegg is legit as fuck so is this a good/decent deal? can anyone recommend anything better for around the same price?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227509&ignorebbr=1
i dont know anything about building my own pc so thats out of the question, unless someone knows a legit site where people build pc's for you (not craigslist)
>>
>>51687923
>i dont know anything about building my own pc so thats out of the question
>Learning things is hard and scary
>>
>>51687960
>is
get back to work juan
>>
>>51687923
Build your own fucking retard
>>
File: 1440610926811.jpg (2 MB, 2915x1805) Image search: [Google]
1440610926811.jpg
2 MB, 2915x1805
I can't shit up this thread anymore than it already is, so here goes.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/h4mXD3

Thoughts and opinions? Gaming rig for playing primarily Fallout 4 and Squad at 1080p.
>>
>>51687923
>I'm too dumb to do what is basically adult Lego
You deserve to be ripped off.
>>
>>51688242
Don't know how it will run the games, but from the bang/buck aspect alone, looks bretty gud to me
>>
>>51688242
If you're only willing to spend $100 on the CPU, you mine as well go AMD instead.
>>
Its actually a pretty good deal OP, mimicing the same thing as close as i can get is around the same price and you'd have to build it yourself,

This is the case where a prebuilt will do you just fine.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M3X4cf

There are still better options with better specs but if thats the computer you want, its a good choice.
>>
>>51688130
This. If you know how to read you are more than capable than building your own anon. Go to YouTube & Google it. Worst case Ontario put an add out on Craigslist for help and offer 20$ + beer. Just try not to get raped if you chose that option.
>>
>>51688400
Why? Every real world benchmark I've seen has shown the i3 outperforming AMD at the equivalent price point. And why would I spend more if the GPU is going to bottleneck me anyway?

Are you suggesting that I go AMD or that I spend more on the CPU?
>>
>>51687923

shit psu
shit gpu
shit motherboard of unknown origin
shit case made to attract 12 year old virgins

you could do better.
>>
>>51688351
Yeah, I basically figured out what specs I needed for the games I wanted to play, and then built up a system around it.

I want to get an SSD, but I might have to push that off to a later date.

>tfw poor university student
>>
>>51688405
You could shave off 90$ by pirating Windows alone, plus at least 50 more if you bought the horseshit motherboard, PSU and cooler they were going to use. Also the case looks literally like cancer like what the fuck get that shit away from me.
>>
>>51688487
>tfw poor university student
>tfw welfare state basically doubles the money my parents send me monthly
>tfw TA job on the side
>tfw more money than I've ever had in my life and no idea what to spend it on
>tfw dropped 1500€ on a PC and monitor
Feels good mane
>>
>>51688529
>tfw TA job on the side

I'm trying to find time to do this or just some private tutoring on the side. I know a ton of tutors who get paid $40+ an hour for intro business courses. Students' parents will literally prepay $1,000 only for the student to show up to 2-3 sessions at the end of the semester.
>>
>>51688405
You probably don't need to buy the cooler unless you're planning on overclocking, and are you actually going to be using the optical drive?
>>
>>51688405
its not really the computer i want, it just looks good for the price, i honestly dont know shit about computers hence why im making this post
>>51688486
how about making a sugestion instead of just criticizing the shit on a pre built pc
>>
>>51688735
>how about making a sugestion instead of just criticizing the shit on a pre built pc

how about you go to http://www.logicalincrements.com and fuck off?

if you can't take criticism you're in the wrong place faggot.
>>
>>51688735
Well, it will do the gaem, not on max graphics, maybe not fallout at all, but it will game.

It is decent for its price, its still a prebuilt and still has a bit of a markup on it, but its not too extreme.

Its decent, its a 7/10 for regular mid level gaming, there are still better things but for the price its ok.

Id go with it personally.
>>
>>51688735
I am so embarrassed that I ever bought a prebuilt gaming computer. The fact that you're here means you should know better. Grow a pair and build your own.

People criticize prebuilts for a reason. We're trying to help you.
>>
>>51687923

that pc is complete shit

just build your own, I had no experience when building mine and no help besides having the first google result for "how to build a pc" open on my laptop and got it done in a couple hours
>>
>>51687960

That's correct though
>>
>>51687923
Don't dump the old one OP.

Prolly have some good shit in there that you can sell on CL (craigslist).

Sell it whole (and say it's broken) or sell the individual stuff.

On a side note, what's broken about it? How did it die?
>>
>>51688405

>paying for wendaws
>optical drive

Nigger what the FUCK, stop giving advice
>>
Pretty good deal but it looks kind of unbalanced from here.

Is there nothing you can salvage from your old desktop?
>>
File: 1442951101098.png (123 KB, 315x300) Image search: [Google]
1442951101098.png
123 KB, 315x300
>>51687923
Your current pc is broken.
Take it apart, pay attention to what you're doing, and put it back together. You now know how to build a pc. Fucking retard. Seriously, do this. Will save you money. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>51687923
>i dont know anything about building my own pc so thats out of the question
You know we weren't born with this knowledge, right?
Why don't you learn, YOU LAZY FUCK.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.