[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internet Prices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: aoopwn.jpg (35 KB, 465x414) Image search: [Google]
aoopwn.jpg
35 KB, 465x414
How much do you pay for your internet and are you satisfied with it?
>>
>too much
>no
>>
>>51687918
what service provider
>>
>>51687874
belgacom/proximus (little shithole called belgium where consumer technology is stuck in the dark ages)
€50/month
tv + phone + 20Mbps down 3Mbps up (which is slow as shit)
fuck no I'm not satisfied with this bullshit, especially because they show 0 initiative to improve their shit infrastructure despite all the money they sit on. Meanwhile in other countries: half the price, twice the speed, polar opposite company ethics/practices (they care about delivering proper service)
>>
File: walen.png (64 KB, 284x248) Image search: [Google]
walen.png
64 KB, 284x248
500/500 Fibre + TV + phone, €83,50/month (XS4ALL, the Netherlands)

It's more than most people pay for internet, but the speed is noice. Had an outage a while ago but that's basically the only problem I've had in the last few years.

>>51690013
Move north, get better internet and be free of pic related.
>>
>>51690135
You mean north to the netherlands? Admittedly their collective intelligence is about 9001 times greater than that of belgium and they got their fucking shit together at least, but it's not like you can just get up and move on a jiffy.
>>
>>51687874
25€/month, 20/1 MB ADSL + phone.
I am not satisfied at all and the price would be 45€/month if didn't threat to switch to another ISP (they aren't any better anyway).
>>
File: howdoiscreenshot.png (126 KB, 1286x628) Image search: [Google]
howdoiscreenshot.png
126 KB, 1286x628
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4888447304

Currently on WiFi and love my internet. Thanks webpass.
>>
$90 500gb 10/0.8

fuck australia
>>
>>51690284
>20/1 MB ADSL
MB or Mb, anon?
>>
File: speedtest.png (25 KB, 296x131) Image search: [Google]
speedtest.png
25 KB, 296x131
>$35
>yes
>>
>>51687874
$50 a month for 100/10
>>
California $47/m at 12mb download and 4 mb upload (on a good day) it's AT&T Uverse
>>
File: steam speed.jpg (40 KB, 1058x363) Image search: [Google]
steam speed.jpg
40 KB, 1058x363
I am with rogers, I can tell you that a simple phone call and a little bit of persistence can easily save you 20-50% if you just call in an ask for a discount.

>paying $55/month for this
>>
Crumpet and Tea Land inhabitant here!

I pay £30 monthly which is $45.33 or 41.65 Euro.

I get pretty much the same as >>51690013
TV + phone + 20mbps down + 3mbps up.

> Am I happy?

No, broadband speed bottlenecks, sometimes I get no internet, had to call engineer twice to fix cable issue.
>>
I'm interested in North Europe Internet.

Spanshfag here, the ISPs here are in the middle, but someday I would like to escape of this corrupt hole, and I heard north europe's internet is fucking great and with no caps. Some anon want to tell me what's going on up there?
>>
File: 4881191602.png (33 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
4881191602.png
33 KB, 300x135
150/150Mbps for $65 no data cap

Not too bad considering the other option in the area is comcast which for the same price offers 150mbps download and 10mbps upload with a 300GB per month cap.

For $299.99 a month I could get 500Mbps up and down without a cap, but its too expensive for me. 150/150 for $65 is the sweet spot I think.

Comcast charges $399.99 per month for their 500mbps service, and it's only 100mbps upload. And it STILL has a 300GB a month cap, which is just retarded on a 500mbps connection. I dont understand how they can charge $100 more per month for LESS upload speed, AND a data cap...
>>
>>51690286
Why do you have more upload than download?
>>
131 dollers for 100GB 256KB/s
extremely high prices for danish standards
>>
Hey, this thread seems perfect to ask my question in since it's related to the topic. I'm moving soon for the work I'm doing, and I need to sign up for another ISP since I require having a working network connection for my job. The only issue is, it's kind of a small town. There really isn't many options there and I'm looking for some advice.

The area I'm going to only really has four different providers from what I can tell. AT&T, Mediacom, Extreme DSL, and DSLbyAir.

Now, from the outside, the only one of these that looks any good is Extreme DSL, however, every time I've called them they've refused to answer any of my questions. A few places I've read say that they have no data cap and they're just selling repackaged U-Verse, but, I can't really find anywhere that confirms or denies this.

Something else I've heard is that AT&t doesn't really enforce it's data caps with U-Verse, can anyone confirm or deny this?

Mediacom isn't really something I'd consider, but, maybe the speeds are good since no one lives there. I'm not sure though, I'm sure a bunch of elderly folks have it in the area since it comes with a TV and shit.

The last one is 6mbps download for sixty dollars kek.

So, tl;dr, I need some help deciding which of these shitty fucks I go with. There literally seems to be nothing else in the area that will sell me internet that isn't business class shit and that's not going to work with me propping the bill.

[spoiler]Should I just make my own topic at this point?[/spoiler]
>>
$100 for 75 down and 35 up with TV. I have Bright House in central Florida
>>
Ireland: €50/mth for 8mbps w/ 70GB cap :/
>>
>>51687874
>$65 for currently 15/5
Fuck no.

Fuck comcast. Fuck comcast to death.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.