[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i stopped by the microsoft store in nyc to try out a surfacebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: microsoft-surface-book-closer.jpg (31 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-surface-book-closer.jpg
31 KB, 800x600
i stopped by the microsoft store in nyc to try out a surfacebook and i have to say, it was really not good.

felt cheap -

one froze up when i pushed the detach button and had to reset before the detach would work

materials were meh, trackpad was really bad compared to dell xps and REALLY bad compared to 2015 MBPs

screen looked nice, but this thing is nowhere near worth the asking price
>>
bunp
>>
>>51685057
swaaaaaag
y u so dank senpai?
>>
That's magnesium for you.

If you don't like it don't buy it.
>>
>>51684685
dude

weed
lmao
>>
File: apple.jpg (11 KB, 282x179) Image search: [Google]
apple.jpg
11 KB, 282x179
>>51684685
>2015
>mbp
>>
Just get a chinese tablet.

Stop being fucking retarded people.
>>
The replies in this thread are fucking impressive.

I can guarantee there are threads on /b/ that aren't half as bad as this one. Look at this --

>>51685087
>>51685109
>>51685134

...are you guys, like, children?
>>
>>51684685
>felt cheap -
opinion discarded
that's literally the most subjective drivel ever
>>
>>51684685
>felt cheap
It's not that they are cheap, the QC on the first batches was really bad. Affects the SP4 as well. Some people report stickly glue noises, glass popping out...

>one froze up when i pushed the detach button and had to reset before the detach would work
The ones on display are almost never updated. So they are still running the buggiest piece of shit they came with. Most recent update fixed most of the display driver issues apparently.

I don't know why M$ did not test the thing before releasing it.
>>
>>51684685
>felt cheap
Obvious bait
>>
>>51685350
>>51685435
>>51685699

Go use one - they feel like they are going to break within a few months
>>
>>51686508
Not really. They feel slick and with metal. Very similiar to a macbook (I am not fond of them though). I respect your opinion though.
>>
>>51686654
I meant metallic.
>>
>>51684685
MS is retarded for trying to push this hybrid touchscreen tablet shit.
Just make a decent laptop for fucks sake.
>>
>>51685322
>...are you guys, like, children?

It's a shitty meme that no one seems to care about.
>>
>>51688471

No, it's because people are sick and tired of hearing about weed. This is why most people are turning their backs from it and are against legalization again, because there's some sort of social ad nauseum. You whine about an issue too much and people start to hate it.
>>
>>51685350
That's literally the current state of /g/:
>muh snappy
>muh buttery smooth
>muh feels slick
which usually only translates in shitty long animations everywhere.
>>
>>51689737
so we're no longer allowed to say hardware feels cheaply made/built and that it's not worth the asking price?
>>
>>51684685
post fucking memes swaggy
>>
>>51684685
Nice shill

>Its not shilling if I went to the store hur dur

You're not fooling anyone OP. You didn't go to the store. You're just upset your Macbook Air throttles below 1GHz.
>>
>>51690688
nice dubs

and yeah i went to the store before catching the m train at 53rd street

they had some artist "painting' on a surface book casting to a big screen and were giving away free hot chocolate upstairs
>>
File: 1435063572485.jpg (31 KB, 245x309) Image search: [Google]
1435063572485.jpg
31 KB, 245x309
>>51684685

First thing in the morning, what do I see? A pile of shit staring at me. I close my eyes, I step away. No matter where I go, there’s no getting away. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo?

I step out on the street. What do I smell? Shit that’s stinky to high hell. I hold my breath, I step away. But everywhere I go, there’s no getting away.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

Shit, not shit, this shit, that shit. Let’s see now. Let me check. Happy birthday. Happy birthday.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>51686782
>he's never used a glorious touchscreen laptop

I bet you even own a mouse you nerd
>>
>>51693311
I cant stand the lack of functionality an iPad gives, and its the only touchscreen laptop worth buying.
>>
>>51694503

This. I want to install linux on mine, but supposedly it can't be done? Why would a mfg cripple a computer like that?
>>
>>51694709

you probably can... but linux is a pleb tier os with pleb tier drivers... thats why linux has zero touch screen support
>>
>>51684685
>impersonating a moderator
you're not swaglord fag. ban me bitch.
>>
>>51694721
>google "linux touch screen", pages of results
>arch wiki lists 7 open source drivers

$0.50 has been removed from your Paypal account. Memo: "Try harder, Parjeet!"
>>
>>51694503
An iPad isn't a "touchscreen laptop"
>>
>>51686508
I did, and I fully disagree. The Surface Book may have its issues, but "feeling cheap" isn't one of them.
>>
>>51684685
nice blog, nobody cares, kill yourself
>>
File: ipad_pro_vs_surface_cuck.jpg (675 KB, 1650x2740) Image search: [Google]
ipad_pro_vs_surface_cuck.jpg
675 KB, 1650x2740
>>51684685
what did you expect from a device made for cûcks, by cúcks?
>>
>>51695415
>surface pro and ipad pro have literally the same latency when running the same applications
>this has been confirmed with 100+ fps videos and counting the lagging frames
>people still buy apple's marketing
And then they try to make you believe they haven't just imported images done using a Wacom into the iPad so they can some shitty lines over them and pretend they're doing some super detail work like in your pic related.
>>
File: ipad_pro_wins2.jpg (499 KB, 1200x3165) Image search: [Google]
ipad_pro_wins2.jpg
499 KB, 1200x3165
>>51695455
That's not what real pro's are saying about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlspvcF-DKs

This dude loved the ipad pro and now uses it as his main portable drawing device.
>>
>>51695478
I watched that earlier today and that is exactly what he says about it and he gives good reason as to why HE picks the iPad Pro and why OTHER PEOPLE would want to pick the Surface or the Cintiq.
>>
>>51695908
the surface is the shittiest of all,literally made for poorfags, that's basically what he said.
>>
>>51695455
>>51695478
go to 5:00, line immediately appear even when he moves the pencil very fast.
go to 13:30, lines show up with noticeable delay.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.