[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cheap, broke, and need a laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: thinkpad.jpg (327 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
thinkpad.jpg
327 KB, 1600x1200
Hey guys.

I have $100-$150 to spend on a laptop that will last 3-5 years.

What thinkpad is the best to buy used in that price range?
>>
>>51682079
Lenovo X220
>>
>>51682079
Get an old macbook
>>
>>/tpg/

Check the guide in the sticky to see what to get and what to avoid.
>>
>>51682459

i would but i have never used an apple computer since 1992-1993
>>
Anything from the t420 up should be good. I got a t420 for $150 on eBay recently. It's got a second gen i5 and can be upgraded to 8GB of memory. It's a good machine for the price.
>>
>>51682079
Get an x200.
>>
>>51683816
Why get an x200 that comes with an Intel C2D CPU when you could spend just a little extra and get an x201 that comes with a 1st gen i5 CPU and superior integrated graphics?
>>
>>51683887
I prefer the x201 but it's $50 more and I just thought OP wanted to save a bit money.
He might as well buy an x61 instead of an x201 though.
>>
get a job
>>
>>51684024
Gotcha, yeah the x200 is still a pretty good poorfag laptop for general purpose use. I'm a bit biased since I own an x201 though. The only thing that I don't like about my x201 is that the GPU only supports OpenGL 2.1 so I can't even attempt to run pcsx2 which requires OpenGL 3.3... I guess I've got plenty of games available to me with NES, SNES, PS1, and GBA emulators though.
>>
>>51682099
or t420

pic based on your needs
both are god tier

need portable? x220
need more of a "real" laptop? t420
>>
Stay away from t420, screen is horrible. I recommend t400, but get the 1440x900 high res screen though... $60
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.