[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everytime I try to download something on chrome, it freezes and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: chrome.png (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
chrome.png
29 KB, 300x300
Everytime I try to download something on chrome, it freezes and the dialog box appears after several minutes. Does anyone here know anything about it?
>>
works for me
>>
You're talking about Windows, right?
>>
>>51681576
Unfortunately, yes. W10. I've to use it on work.
>>
>>51681602
It's got something to do with the antivirus. It's checking the download and freezing Chrome until it's done.
>>
>>51681341
Disable antivirus and check again.
If that fixes it for you just switch to another antivirus.

I'd do a malware bytes run just in case.

Windows installations tend to shit themselves over time , that's why i use ubuntu to do anything that ain't videogames.

Get an ssd to fix windows being shit or reinstall windows often.
>>
>>51681341

its windows being shit, I just restart the thing until it works but chromium never does this shit
>>
>>51681613
Uhm ok, I'll try disabling Avira and see if It works. But why I don't have this problem with FF?

>>51681618
Already used malwarebytes and already have an SSD.

>>51681627
It's probably a problem between chrome and W10 (it started since I updated from W7). I looked over the web and it seems I'm not the only one to have it but no one knows how to fix it.
>>
Maybe it's trying to reach a network share that you saved shit to earlier that isn't available anymore
>>
>>51681711
Could be related to this.

Also it happens with firefox as well.
>>
>>51681672
he's talking about the av built into chrome
>>
>>51681760
AV build into chrome? And how can I disable it then?

>>51681711
Weird 'cause I've never done anything like that. but if that's the case, how could I fix it?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.