[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the simplest way to directly share Gigabite files
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
What's the simplest way to directly share Gigabite files with someone?
>>
Hand them the USB.
>>
infinit.io
>>
>>51679441
What are you tying to bomb Mohammad?
>>
>>51679443
And if they are locally far from each other's devices?
>>51679448
ur mum
>>
>>51679452
go for a walk.
>>
>>51679461
Couriers are not being used for digital media anymore, grandpa.
>>
>>51679452
Mail it.
>>
Google drive I believe
>>
Mega.co.nz
>>
>>51679483
>>51679504
>>51679561
None supports big files, nor transfer directly.
>>
>>51679452
>locally far from each other's devices
>locally far

what
>>
>>51679610
When I said "mail it", I meant mail a physical device containing the files.
Flash drives are dirt cheap these days.
>>
>burn to dvd-r(s)
>post
>>
>>51679441

Wetransfer.com let's you send up to 2 GB
>>
drag n drop into skype conversation.
>>
set up an ftp server
>>
>>51679476
>implying that a truck full of hard disks won't always be faster than any long-distance fiber/ethernet/whatever connection

granted, usually you don't have petabytes of data to transfer
>>
>>51679709
this
>>
1. pin file/folder with IPFS
2. share ipfs.io link
3. ???

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmPvNrkMVtVesRWxecmuZ6fBThax7DTc7fawqMmSBXJxsi
>>
>>51679441
Torrent.
uTorrent and qBittorrent (and many other clients) have in-built trackers that you can enable in settings.

Make torrent private, add your host (with dyndns) as tracker, give torrent file to other peer.

Other peer adds it, you two find each other through home tracker, file gets sent.

Btw easiest if you do this often - is "Bittorrent Sync". It's free and multiplatform - up to 3 folders - and no selective sync.
But duh, you don't keep your shit there, just use it as a temporary drop folder.
>>
vpn server on your machine. have other person connect to your vpn server. then can directly copy files from any shared directories using drag/drop on any computer on the lan network that the vpn server is connected to.
>>
http://dropjar.com/

You are welcome.
>>
>>51679775
Would be interested if it was registry-free like dropjar, otherwise a local vpn does the trick without external monitoring.
>>
>>51680163
>>51679823
setting up a vpn is not that trivial though.
>>
Got good internet on both sides? FTP.

No? Mail a flash drive, no joke.
>>
the clud
>>
>>51679879
nice botnet upload video and download virus
>>
WiFi Direct if you're using an Android smartphone. Sucks to be you if you use an iPhone of course.
>>
Bitsync?
>>
>>51679441
>Gigabite
There's no such thing, anon.
>>
>>51679441
CAUSE I FEEEEEEL
>>
>>51679441
fuck off isis
>>
>>51686002
I CAN ALLWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOUUUUUUUU
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.