[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just failed my Linux admin exam ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 4.jpg (95 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
95 KB, 700x525
Just failed my Linux admin exam ask me anything.
>>
>>51675571
When are you going to demonstrate you're not a pussy quitter and retake the exam?
>>
>>51675583
Mfw we can't take the exam without retaking the class. Fwiw I'm pretty sure the whole class failed
>>
this is why you should install gentoo
>>
>linux admin exam

what?
>>
>>51675571

Was the answer to every question, "depends on the distro"?
>>
>>51675703
Should've done it that way.

Or "install gentoo fgt"

Idk. Forgot some of the dns types and what to do if the system crashes before unmounting the file system and running fsck
>>
>>51675571
How hard is the exam?
I can install gentoo in under 30 minutes
Do I have a chance to win?
>>
>>51677731
It's not insane just a lot of material. I'm a cyber security major so we have to know all the administrative aspects of Linux as well as all the aspects of a network.

If you can install gentoo without help I'd say you have a lot of knowledge however you'd still need to know a lot of network stuff (allocating a subnet mask, ip addresses, ip tables, etc)
>>
>>51677844
>iptables
shit. I never bothered to learn that except forwarding internet connection.
I guess one day, I'll go for the exam. I could use the cert to land a job
>>
>>51677863
Lol a lot of the stuff is just good to know.

You can actually land some pretty good jobs if you know how to configure and manipulate ip tables

It's actually a class at my university. The book is Linux for System Administrators if you are interested.
>>
What are the topics for the exam?
>>
>>51675624
>entire class fails a test
>university: kek we still got your money mother fuckers
>>
>>51678047
> have to curve grades in order to keep class popularity

Kek doesn't matter I know some chemistry students who consistently get Ds or lower on tests and end up making honor roll
>>
>>51675571
chmod 777 - r /
>>
>>51678112
> i did this to an actual system once
> it was production
>>
>>51675571
are you from mexico?
>>
>>51678128
US of A
>>
>>51678112
What the fuck anon
What in the actual fuck
>>
>>51678280
>>51678112
Some people just like to watch the world burn

Or

# echo /var/syslog >> /home/Desktop
>>
>>51677948
how do you read through material that boring and indirectly valuable?
>>
>>>51678576
Wanting to know how to fully control a computer & manipulate the network desu senpai

Idk haha. The money is good in the industry depending on where you go
>>
>>51678112
Permission denied
Permission denied
Permission denied
>>
>>51678806
I see. I'm just some neet that reads a lot of tech books. Money is mostly a putoff to my learning choices.
>>
>>51678882
Top kek ggm8
>>51678972
Might as well get some certifications. Big ones in this field are security +, cissp, and ethical hacker
>>
>>51679170
Not everyone has to work. Please don't assume.
>>
>>51679187
Please don't continue to breathe if you're too autistic to contribute to society.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>51679294
>slave labor is the only way to contribute to society
>people born into rich families have to eat shit like everyone else
>caring about society and not just yourself
>>
>>51679323
>sitting behind a desk
>70k / year starting rate
>slave labor

You're going off topic now anon.
>>
File: FY0U2pB.jpg (160 KB, 599x846) Image search: [Google]
FY0U2pB.jpg
160 KB, 599x846
>>51679342
you have no idea what you're talking about now. are you new or something?
>>
>>51678122
You from SoCal? Cuz if so I still remember that shit.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.