[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SO /g/ideous guys let´s suppose you are rich and let´s suppose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: rhino5head.jpg (6 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
rhino5head.jpg
6 KB, 255x198
SO /g/ideous guys

let´s suppose you are rich and let´s suppose you want to get in modeling
specifically blender and rhino

what would your equipment be?
>>
How rich?
>>
>>51669924

15000$ rich
>>
modelling doesn't need equipment

a 3d mouse could help you as a novice, but there's a reason other than "it's the way i learned" that professionals use multiple perspectives with 2d mice instead

texturing would have large benefits with graphic tablets, but that's not modelling
>>
>>51669942
So poorfag.

Any budget gaming rig.
>>
>>51669949

Basically this because that's not rich
>>
>>51669943
I mean models, but rendered models. people say the rendering part of the 3D process can get better with good equipment but I don´t know about computers so I came here to ask

>>51669949
>>51669961
ok then add a 0
>>
>>51670022
>I mean models, but rendered models.
why are you interested in making models?
why are you going to be rendering the models?

are you independently making animated media?
are you building models for videogames?
are you designing houses?
are you trying to make objects to 3d print?
>>
>>51670164
I´m interested because I love creating, basically I want to be a 3d artist since I´m already a furniture designer

not really animation but it would feel nice to have the option to make one
yes, I want to do them
yes, that´s practically my job
yes, that´s also part of my job

you may think that all those things are different but they are really alike
>>
>>51670292
the differences between media and "real world" applications of rendering could not be more different

media rendering takes hours, days, or even dozens of computers in a farm, and it makes sense to have good equipment to tear down that render time in order to make corrections

real world applications do not need to be rendered as often, they also really don't require touch ups to make the rendered product "look better", and the render times are going to be under 5 minutes (or even 1) for something you spent 10 hours modelling, so it's not worth buying special equipment for
any gaymur pc will work
>>
>>51670448
will look into it!, thanks a bunch for helping me
>>
>>51670448
This, unless you're doing long animations or have huge scenes a gaming PC will do. Nvidia recommended because CUDA.

Also you can rent time in render farms for not too big amounts and get it done quickly.
>>
Build an i7-6700k rig with a basic Gtx 750 or other non workstation card. It really won't break the bank and Rhino needs the CPU for modelling mostly.
>>
>>51670022
>I don't know about computers

Honestly a Mac Pro might be a good choice. If you max it out, it'll still be within your budget, and have dual FirePros, a beastly Xeon, and a tb of fast-ass PCIE storage. And for a richfag with no computer knowledge, it's probably worth the extra few hundred dollars to buy a prebuilt. The drawbacks though would be no CUDA, only using OS X programs, and no expandable storage. I don't do any CAD work though so idk how important it is to have Windows
>>
>>51670842
>Mac
stopped reading there
>>
>Industrial engineer here
You dont really need anything special to use rhino, just an average gaming rig will work (nvidia graphic card as been previously stated by others would be better). IF you are going to use vray or similar and render a lot then throw some dosh and get yourself a nice quadro or firepro, but beware of the slippery slope of this because then can come the 1500$ xenon or “32gb of ram because I really need them and 16gb is for freelancers and amateurs”
>>
>>51669942
budget gaming rig
those things are tough, reliable and great for 3d due to their focus on video memory (graphics cards)
>>
>>51669885
>Blender

Meme software t.b.h f.a.m.
>>
>>51669943
Basically this. I'm running fusion 360 on a macbook air and it's fine aside from the software itself being unstable.
>>
>>51669885
a nice LGA 2011 6 core i7 or Xeon, 32GB RAM, and a good GPU (980 Ti/Titan)

Blender Cycles supports GPU acceleration, everything else uses CPU, so you want them both to be good.

It'll run you around 2000 to get something nice with those specs

Spend the rest on a nice roomy IPS monitor setup. Ultrawides might even be worth it since Blender is set up with your tool panels on either side.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.