[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>50gb for free >clean UI What's your excuse for not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: icon175x175[1].jpg (4 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
icon175x175[1].jpg
4 KB, 175x175
>50gb for free
>clean UI
What's your excuse for not using it yet?
>>
>using Mario
>>
>>51667241
its run by china

even kim says not to use it because its become unsecure
>>
>>51667284
sauce?
>>
>>51667241
what would I use it for?
I still don't get why you would need some obscure service to save your own data
same with tablets
remember when the first ones got introduced? Many people didn't see the sense in why you'd need one. I still didn't find a case where one could be useful
>>
>>51667241
I don't store anything on the cloud. And you shouldn't either. Setting up a small box to serve you files isn't that hard. Mega is only good for sharing files with other people, like translation patches for an H-game or videos and pictures.
>>
>>51667313
Backup of important files in case my hard disk fails
>>
>>51667241
Because Kim Dotcom has been thrown out due to Chinese stock shenanigans and it's now owned by the government of New Zealand and Hollywood.
>>
>>51667311
http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/31/kim-dotcom-is-not-involved-with-mega-anymore-plans-to-build-yet-another-cloud-storage-service/

Kim Dotcom revealed in an interview on Slashdot that he is no longer involved with Mega — he isn’t working for the company anymore, but he also doesn’t own any shares of Mega. Dotcom also said that you shouldn’t trust Mega to host sensitive files anymore, and that he is planning to build yet another file storage service in the coming months.

“The company has suffered from a hostile takeover by a Chinese investor who is wanted in China for fraud. He used a number of straw-men and businesses to accumulate more and more Mega shares,” Dotcom said in Slashdot’s community interview. “Recently his shares have been seized by the NZ government. Which means the NZ government is in control.”
>>
>>51667329
Why not just buy a few 1TB hard drives and throw them into a NAS? If someone is letting you use their space for free then be sure they are profiting off of you.
>>
>>51667279
Keked
>>
>>51667345
It seems a good option but that's not how i'll spend my money right now. I just need a few GBs to save some pictures and other personal stuff and maybe in future will buy another hard disk. Maybe Google drive?
>>
>>51667329
Personally I prefer using some external hard disks for that
Online storage is too much of a hassle, limited space, and not secure
and you're not safe from storage services shutting down randomly, in that case you'd upload all your data to another storage, dealing with differences from the service you previously used and so on
>>
>>51667380
It's what i thought too. I'll just save some money and buy one even though my brother has like 2 of them in home already
>>
>>51667328
>file sharing site is good for sharing files
>>
>>51667241
no owned by kim d0t k0m
>>
File: 1445778227675.png (226 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1445778227675.png
226 KB, 620x670
>OP comes to shill his shitty cloud service of choice
>ends up having to abandon it himself
>>
>>51667241
Do they allow web seeding?
>>
>>51667279
Underrated
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.