[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT software that is so widely pirated you aren't sure why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
>>
File: flstudio-logo-1200-80-755x425.jpg (18 KB, 755x425) Image search: [Google]
flstudio-logo-1200-80-755x425.jpg
18 KB, 755x425
>>51666389
>>
>>51666389
Usually companies like to legitimately get the original products (or are manged by people too old to know how to pirate them)
>>
>>51666389
Presumably because it's still good money

I payed for Movie Studio Platinum 13 and was extremely happy

I have been pirating it for years, so this was one of those where I really feel I got value for money
>>
Photoshop, although they technically give it away for free.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?loc=en&e=cs2_downloads
>>
>>51666428
This. And also because the likelihood that a company will be prosecuted for using pirated software is MUCH greater than it is for some neckbeard who plays around with pirated software in his mother's basement. It's because a company will be using the pirated software to actually generate revenue whereas the neckbeard is just using it to engage in some autistic hobby.

For example, photoshop -- a professional photographer uses it to touch up his photos before publishing / selling them whereas a neckbeard uses it to clean and typeset fansubbed manga for free.
>>
>>51666428
>>51666389
This. Software companies market to offices, firms, etc because they know they wont pirate that shit.
>>
They want you to get used only to their programs (like pirated Microsoft Office), so when you get a job, your employeer will be forced to pay for an original Office/Windows license.
>>
>>51666389
Amy RPG maker.
>>
Any music or video editing software
Adobe ____
Windows 7
_____ Anti-Virus
Bandicam
Music
Movies

In my own personal beliefs, there's no reason to support pirating. You should support open source software alternatives instead, and streaming services are very cheap.
>>
>>51666462
Seconding this. It was a great purchase and I'd recommend it to all of my friends.

You don't get some of the more advanced features, but how many people actually need those extra features that jack the price way beyond the ~80$ price of MS13P.
>>
I'm not fond of cloud stuff for the obvious stability/botnet reasons but I think Office and Adobe having cloud versions is a very good deal and an effective way of eliminating piracy.

I want Office and I want Photoshop and for less than £15/month I have access to both and a whole bunch of other applications that come with them. If such a cheap option wasn't available I'd have just pirated them. The fact that you always have the latest version is awesome.

I think Sony should consider something similar for Vegas, though I'd likely just add whatever Adobe calls their video editing software to my CC subscription if I ever needed to do any serious video editing.
>>
Windows.
>>
GNU Hurd
>>
>>51666389
winrar
>>
>>51666721
That's a lot of assumptions with the neckbeard meme, there are a lot of people making cash on youtube using pirated software.
>>
since we are on the subject, what's the safest way to crack adobe premiere?
>>
>>51667552
Buy it
>>
>>51667128
I pay 9.99€ each month for photoshop and lightroom because I use them often but fuck paying more for premiere that I rarely need
>>
Winrar reminds you that you are on day 2855 of your 40-day free trial period, would you like to purchase the full version? oh well, that's okay, maybe tomorrow.
>>
>>51667628
I had a legit student license through my university for a while

yeah, that was probably the first time I ever had a paid winrar installed
>>
Camtasia
Every Anti-Virus
FL Studio
Sony Vegas
Fraps
>>
Every pc game ever
>>
>>51666405
i tried to learn how to use this and i have no clue how to get a specific drum sound or anything

are there any non video tutorials out there or am i stuck throwing things at it till i make it do things?
>>
File: yt_1200-vfl4C3T0K.png (17 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
yt_1200-vfl4C3T0K.png
17 KB, 1200x1200
>>51667991
>>
>>51668190
>non video tutorials

non meaning NOT in video format
>>
>>51666389
Piracy actually helps their sales, losing a single sale to you is ok if you later insist on using it at in an industry job.

Fyi output is meta tagged with hash of serial. It's rare but they use it to verify and threaten big -pocket companies that pirate vs suing you for a single copy.
>>
>>51667515
I'd say that the people making money on youtube with content created/edited using pirated software are slightly more likely to get caught and prosecuted than neckbeards who only use pirated software for hobbyist purposes but it's still going to be businesses that are targeted most of the time.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/tech/8-foreign-companies-caught-using-pirated-software-in-vietnam-report-43717.html

>"They are all big businesses with ample financial capacity and knowledge of intellectual property laws, but still deliberately violated them, illegally using others' intellectual products to earn profits," he said.
>The inspection is part of Vietnamese authorities' one-month campaign for the World Intellectual Property Day, which is observed on April 26 every year.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/singapore-company-and-its-director-fined-38000-for-using-unlicensed-software

Hell, software companies are even offering a cash reward of up to $1MM for turning in the company you work for if it is using pirated software --

http://blog.credit.com/2015/03/citizens-offered-up-to-1-million-to-bust-software-pirates-112146/

http://observer.com/2015/01/software-piracy-will-you-snitch-for-cash/
>“Need some extra cash? If you know a company using unlicensed business software, file a report.”

90% of all anti-piracy efforts right now are aimed at businesses and those who crack/distribute pirated software and media. They just don't care about average people pirating software for their own personal, hobbyist use much... for now at least.
>>
>>51666921
>and streaming services are very cheap
but i don't want 128kbps mp3s
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.