[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking normies have ruined Linux >2004 Ubuntu is released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: 1449151434293.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
1449151434293.png
361 KB, 858x725
Fucking normies have ruined Linux

>2004 Ubuntu is released and many normies move to Linux
>2006 Mint is released and even more normies move to Linux
>4/8/2014 Windows XP's support is terminated and a horrifying wave of normies move to Linux
>GNOME 3, systemd, Cinnamon, every fucking normie-tier shitprogram gains popularity in the Linux-world
>2012 Steam is released for Linux NO WHAT THE FUCK STAHP IT
>2012-2015 more and more games for Linux
>AMD and NVidia focus more on Linux drivers
>sublime and atom editors are now more popular than Vim

In the 90s normies ruined the internet and now they've ruined Linux. I already switched some of my

machines to run FreeBSD because of this normie invasion a couple of years ago but now I've noticed that

more and more of these ex-Linux hipster normies are switching to PC-BSD. A few years from now and they

will ruin FreeBSD too. I guess the only solution is to switch to oldschool NetBSD. That will be free of normies

for many years to come.
>>
>>51665721
dumb frogposter
>>
>>51665721
Use Arch and fuck off.
>>
File: 1448921467786.jpg (16 KB, 680x299) Image search: [Google]
1448921467786.jpg
16 KB, 680x299
>>51665721
How's that autism going along buddy?
>>
>Luunux is muh sicrit klub you N00Bs
>>
>>51665721
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn’t he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little frog thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha. Maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The “epic” pepe, isn’t it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it’s ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a fucking frog. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic frogposter NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you say is “I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS PICTURE.” You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be.
>>
>>51665721
>feeling special because runs an unpopular os
>thinking a broader userbase will ruin an OS
>living with parents in basement
>>
>>51665787
he also thinks that normalfags using a distro designed to be easy for normalfags to pickup will ruin linux.
>>
File: 1448799448184.jpg (58 KB, 540x531) Image search: [Google]
1448799448184.jpg
58 KB, 540x531
get rekt, you hipster faggot.
>>
>>51665774
Go fuck yourself, worthless kid. Whenever something happens you go up to your little “copypasta folder”, pick up shitpasta #5 and post it here, thinking you are the best, laughing behind your screen, flapping these adipous cheeks of yours while your wawa chocolate milk drips all overy your XXXL t-shirt. Fucking pederast. You rotten, disgusting slug, bucephalus leech. I hate you and your entire body smells like feces. Do you have any idea of how long you have been there, sitting on this same chair that because of some unknown miracle managed to withstand your massive weight? You have been there for weeks, months, locked up in your room that smells like Doritos and Wawa milk, jacking off to your Haruhi wallpaper and posting “copypasta #5” on this fucking imageboard. I don’t even know how you manage to type with your thick, greasy fingers, or how you still manage to find your tiny penis among all the fat flaps on your belly and groin area. You pile of shit, bipedal sperm-whale!!!
>>
File: Woody laughing.jpg (10 KB, 327x388) Image search: [Google]
Woody laughing.jpg
10 KB, 327x388
>>51665721
I never thought that I'd see a kek worthy austimo post on /g/ but you just gone and done it!
>>
>manna starts falling from the sky
>NORMIES REEE GET OUT OF MY DESERT
>>
>>51665908
Well that's pretty much what the Egyptians said to Moses, so I guess you could translate it that way.
>NORMIEBREWS GET OUT
>YOU'RE RUINING EGYPT
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51665942
No they wanted them to stay.
>>
>>51665942
they wanted to keep the jews as slaves, they only said they could leave so god would stop doing stuff like turning the river into blood or have it rain frogs or spread a plague. As soon as god kept his word, the pharaoh would change his mind and demand the jews stayed.
>>
Oh did it old popular, normal people using it, so i have to move on? The same with all fucking movies, books, sites.

To my as linux user i am more then happy to see it coming, and i am schiliing linux to all my firends. More dirviers, more software, more support and security
>>
>>51665857
Nice one m8
>>
>>51666062
>the pharaoh would change his mind and demand the jews stayed.

why is that I wonder?
>>
>>>51665721
>GNOME 3, systemd, Cinnamon, every fucking normie-tier shitprogram gains popularity in the Linux-world
More like GNOME devs go full retard.
>2012-2015 more and more games for Linux
Not a bad thing
>AMD and NVidia focus more on Linux drivers
How is this bad
Just use whatever you want to

I know this is a troll thread but whatever.
>>
File: accelerator live action.gif (889 KB, 221x201) Image search: [Google]
accelerator live action.gif
889 KB, 221x201
>>51665857

Unit bath industry off like heart common move young door mass development green loss conscious kettle private space love boy apple well need wash mist need brown burn blade metal credit why

invention card room

month across digestion

road early paste thing push look attempt week straight room private comb hook common high hanging mother

exchange step tail page other goat fire country laugh view effect new level stem deep sky neck instrument station.
>>
>>51665721
Why aren't you glad that more people are switching from Windows to Linux based distributions? I thought you liked Linux based distributions.
>>
>>51667813

Because he's a tech hipster who thinks using Linux makes him a special snow flake.
>>
>>51665742
>2015
>Arch powered by Normies.
>>
Install QNX
>>
Just use linux as in old days. I am sure normies wont start using OpenRC, dwm, st or other fun stuff.
>>
Meh. Ignore them, use openbsd or netbsd. Or du your own linux like lfs. Or try devuan.
>>
>>51665721
I agree with you OP. Once you have an influx of casuals into anything it just starts getting shittier. This is because they don't fucking know what they are doing. They cannot process good structure, minimalism, or using something as mundane as hotkeys. Too any cooks spoil the broth, especially when it started with one or two master chefs, and a whole fuckton of mcdonalds hamburger flippers dumping salt, msg, and grease into it just run in and fuck shit up.

Linux philosophy of democracy no longer works when you have fucktarded casuals monkeying around. It used to be when a decision was voted on to move Linux in one particular direction, the only people contributing where people who knew what the fuck they are doing. Now, Windblows and OSgaybuttseX actually have more of a chance of being better than Linux in every way. At least their code-base is professionals making choices for the good of the people.
>>
File: 1448474711055.jpg (26 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1448474711055.jpg
26 KB, 567x561
>>51665721
>>
>>51665721
that doesn't make them better though, so ...

Choice is good, I don't have a problem with any of that. If you're bitching about the different DE/WM and shit just use the older ones, nothing is stopping you.
>>
>>51665721
I've fucked plenty of normies and this has not ruinned linux.
>>
>>51665721
>ctrl + f
>autis
God damn it /g/ I know you can do better.
>>
>>51665721
Do you need help copying and pasting?
New lines are hard so don't feel bad about it.
>>
File: 175 KB.png (175 KB, 488x473) Image search: [Google]
175 KB.png
175 KB, 488x473
>>51665721
Use CentOS or Debian or Arch or some other one of 50 fucking "distros" to your liking then, dumbass frogfucker.

saged
>>
File: autismus.jpg (98 KB, 523x720) Image search: [Google]
autismus.jpg
98 KB, 523x720
>>51665721
>>
>>51665721
>>AMD and NVidia focus more on Linux drivers
This is not a bad thing

GPGPUs are used for so much more than just muh games, you know.
>>
>fukig norbies XXX---DDD
>pepe is from forechin you newfag XD
Doesn't explain the sudden resurgence in popularity when high school kiddies from Facebook®, By Mark Fuckerturd™ started posting it. He's not even on-model with the Boy's Club comic anymore.
>>51668489
That picture looks like a political shitter who writes terrible webcomics.
>>
>>51665721
No, faggot scum like you ruins Linux.

Only a complete shit stain autistic child would be upset over things like better hardware compatibility and professional grade software becoming available with the more widespread adoption of desktop Linux.

>normies ruined the internet in the 90s

No they didn't, and the fact that you think so only shows that you probably weren't even old enough to use a computer without supervision in the 90s. The idea that the internet was some special club in the 90s is fucking laughable. The internet was shit. You had irc, a few web based chats, AOL, and that's about the extent of the internet beyond email.

Usenets were kinda cool, and the early days of p2p networks made getting your warez a lot faster because you weren't sitting in a DCC bot's queue for fucking days, but beyond that the internet was a barren fucking wasteland of garbage angelfire Dragonball sites and dripping blood banner under construction GeoCities satanist websites. The only fun to be had was using shit like back orifice and subseven to fuck with people and even that got old after a while and became nothing but DUN password RAS rip fodder so you always had a stolen dialup account to avoid paying for internet. (You paid by the goddamn hour)

So don't give me that shit, son. Normies made the internet more fun but giving you more people to interact with, scam, troll, etc and brought a new injection of ideas and feature requests for various sites and software, just the same as normies have improved Linux.

Source: Linux user since 1994, internet user since 1988
>>
>>51668074
Nothing is forcing the guys who know what they're doing and make decisions to listen to people who don't know what the fuck they're doing, since as you said that would spell certain doom.

Someone needs to get that message out to kekzilla's firecrap team.

And also to real-life democracies where stupid fucking idiots get to vote regardless of how stupid they are.
>>
File: 1448905796331.jpg (40 KB, 435x512) Image search: [Google]
1448905796331.jpg
40 KB, 435x512
>>51665721
I agree with

Software is taking a big step back, it's to the point where my Windows XP install is more functional than the big DEs
>>
>>51665721
mene nyt jo vittuun
sage hide
>>
>>51669152
I find systemd a big improvement over whatever that unstructured, horribly log-formatted mess that came before it was. At least now you can see clear, structured, patterned log output during startup and shutdown, and enabling/disabling autostarters is easy af.
>>
>2004 Ubuntu is released and many normies move to Linux
Two lines in and you already lost all credibility
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.