[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make a profit selling pre built PCs if the operating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
How do I make a profit selling pre built PCs if the operating system is the highest cost item?

Is M$ just begging me to sell pirated software to compete with brand name stores?
>>
Pirate win7, activate it. Download win10 update tool and undate to win10. Now you have a legit free windows copy with a real licence key and all. People that buy prebuilt rigs aren't savy enough to not want win10 coz botnet anyway. Have fun
>>
>>51663713
You can even go further. Have 1 drive with pirated win7 that is activated. Proceed to put it in as a second drive in a rig and use updater tool to install win10 on the second drive. Use the win7 drive on all the computers
>>
>>51663713

Thanks for the solid advice, unfortunately I don't have real internet access where I am so I get access via my phone.

I might be able to make it work though.
>>
Windows 10 OEM is $100 less than that retail. wholesale with some volume you should be able to get it under $50 a license.
>>
So far this is the spec for my low cost build if anyone cares,

Samsung SH-224DB 24x DVDRW OEM
TP-Link TL-WN881ND Wireless N PCI Express Adapter
Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm Fan
Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm Fan
Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003
Corsair VS350 ATX Power Supply
AMD A8 7650K 4-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 Motherboard
Fractal Design Core 1100 Micro ATX Case
Kingston ValueRAM KVR16LN11/4 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3

Total cost is $539 + $45 shipping, the lowest priced PC on Dick Smiths website comes in at $482 while the second lowest comes in at $621, though they both have shitty CPUs and the cheaper one has more HDD space than the more expensive one.
>>
Somebody buying the cheapest pre-built computer on the market isn't going to give a shit how fast the processor is. For the mass market, the tower pc is dead. You're also up against $500 laptops with a warranty.

Even if you can offer a warranty using the individual part warranties, you're still out the diagnosis/repair labour.
>>
>>51663700
>compete with brand name stores

There's your problem. There's a reason computer repair stores and mom and pop stores in general don't stay in business.
>>
>>51663945

Why would I support an item that has been sold at no extra cost?
>>
>>51663977

So your business model is to build and sell a computer without profit and with no warranty at a higher price than reputable stores sell name brand items?
>>
File: 3_425.png (324 KB, 684x620) Image search: [Google]
3_425.png
324 KB, 684x620
>>51663700
>pirated
>>51663713
>Pirate
>>51663732
>pirated

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy
>>
File: these_arent_my_glasses.png (120 KB, 360x452) Image search: [Google]
these_arent_my_glasses.png
120 KB, 360x452
>>51664074

Spot on. Amazing reading comprehension.
>>
>>51663700
>implying there's no free alternative to Windows and is thereby forced to resort to illegally obtained copies.
>>
>>51664078
>autism
>>
>>51664233
Don't mistake your own ignorance or errors for someone else's alleged personality disorder.
>>
>>51663732
>>51663713
Is this upgrade thing going to work forever? I was holding off upgrading to win10

Should I do the upgrade without wiping the drive?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.