[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Dave Chappelle Is Creating a "No-Phone Zone" for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: dave_chappelle_yondr_split.jpg (42 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
dave_chappelle_yondr_split.jpg
42 KB, 675x380
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-dave-chappelle-is-creating-844886

How the fuck does this work? It makes no mention of a metal detector or something, so anyone can just carry a second hidden device not placed in a pouch. Second, someone could just carry a knife or sharp object and cut it open inside the venue, or somehow prevent it from locking in the first place like some RF blocking bag.

If anything this is only bringing attention to the matter, making people more likely to want to circumvent it. I know I would. It doesn't take much to have a microphone sticking out, since most of these shows are about the audio anyways.

And all because comics don't want Twitter haters to go after them? If you don't stand by your material, don't say it in the first place, even behind closed doors, hypocritical fucks.
>>
>How the fuck does this work?
It doesn't. Let's say I walk up and say I have no phone to put in the bag. What will they do, strip search me? Turn me away until I find a phone to put in the bag? Tear up my $100 tickets on the spot?

What will they do if I go to the bathroom and don't put my phone back in the bag?

I'm also not entirely sure it's legal. It's very illegal to interfere with an emergency call. What would happen if I tried to call the cops but this device didn't let me? I assume they've had lawyers vet it, but I can see potential for a lawsuit.
>>
>I wrote this joke
>It's so funny that people would love to hear it
>Let's put it behind paywall

Why don't think fags just upload their shows onto the youtube themselves and make money WORLD WIDE?
>>
>As soon as they enter the "no-phone zone," however, the pouches will have locked shut, preventing anyone from firing off so much as a winking emoji. Need to make a call or send an email? No problem. Simply leave the designated zone (and head, say, to the lobby bar), and, as you move past several strategically placed stations, the pouches can now magically be unlocked.

so...people can just take them out of the pouches, put them back in their pockets, and record his shit. I'm not sure what the point of this is. Like people give a shit about the honor system
>>
>>51660725
AM I BEING DETAINED
>>
Yeah, like phones are the only recording devices. It's already trivial to catch someone casually recording a show. Just look for the light. Good luck catching someone who came prepared with a real camera or, better yet, a microphone.

People who record these things are not doing it on the spur of the moment with a cell phone. Most of them plan to record it. At least that's the case for camrips of movies.
>>
Or you could bypass 100% of this and just buy one of these
>>
>>51660788
Like anyone's going to watch a youtube of still pictures, silly goose
>>
>>51660808
It's a comedy show....who the fuck cares what the comic looks like
>>
>>51660817
I bet you listen to comedians in the car too, you heathen
>>
newsflash: he's a comedian.
>>
File: DSC_3586-640x425.jpg (33 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3586-640x425.jpg
33 KB, 640x425
>>51660725
Yes, in the comments someone mentioned the Paris attacks, and while phones maybe didn't play a big part in it other than the guy's phone that deflected shrapnel, they sure as fuck are still important in emergencies.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/10/i-let-yondr-lock-my-smartphone-in-a-sock-so-i-could-live-in-the-moment/

This older article, granting the technology has probably improved since then, just mentions placing clothing security tag-like locks on the pouch, and you put it up to a designated post to get it to unlock.

It's probably locks when placed on the pouch, but that doesn't dismiss the workarounds already brought up.
>>
>>51660827
I only ever listen to comedy while driving.
>>
>>51660636
So the venue provides these bags? I'm guessing it's added to the ticket price or?
>>
Damn son
Chapelle really went off the deep end. I mean its no surprise considering why he ended his cc show, but come on dude get a grip
>>
File: 1418716379739.jpg (10 KB, 344x264) Image search: [Google]
1418716379739.jpg
10 KB, 344x264
>>51660852
Yeesh.

but in all seriousness, to me a comedian's body language and facial expression can really make or break a joke, so that's why I like to actually see them.
>>
>>51660861
Well it's like 3D glasses at the theater, under the assumption you return it. I don't know that they actually increase the price.
>>
>hipsters want you to "like, live in the moment, man"
>the jews^H^H^H^Hrich white men standing behind them are afraid of losing $10 in sales to a camrip
>suddenly you get mugged
>and suffer a heart attack
>"SOMEONE CALL NINE WAN WAN"
>screaming and screaming
>people trying to tear open their cases
>a few running towards the exit station
>security guard finally makes his way through
>starts telling people to calm down and asks what the problem is
>the mugger already left (nobody had a gun to hold him or stop him)
>and you're dead (nobody had a phone to call 911 in time"
>calls 911
>"police, we have a body, unidentified cause of death"
>later, a SF newspaper congratulates the event goers on being "grown up" and "not trying to be heroes"
>"and remember, always leave it to a professional public servant!"
>>
>>51660865
Good jokes are good jokes, but I agree seeing the comedian makes it better. There's just no good music on the radio but the comedy station comes in crystal clear. Just default to it if radio is the only option.
>>
>>51660839

Debatable
>>
They should start using this shit in movie theaters.
>>
>>51660843
Is it literally just a security tag on a bag? This thing is garbage. It might kind of work if people were willing to put up with it, but the moment someone decided to try to record the show it is totally worthless.
>>
>>51660916
Alamo Drafthouse does it just fine without pointless tech. You're told not to use your phone or you get kicked out and banned.

Regular theaters already jack up their ticket cost enough without them having to cover this crap.
>>
>>51660865
Patrice is funny regardless of video footage.
>>
>>51660937
If you look at the OP image it's probably now integrated into the pouch, and not a separate tag. They have attendants placed around the venue entrances to manhandle your phone and do all the locking and unlocking themselves.
>>
>>51660636
What prevents you from taking your phone out of the pouch and putting it back in your pocket? If they question you, you can say it was a force of habit.
>>
>>51660944
Totally, I've been to one before and it was the best movie experience I've had. I didn't hear a word from the people around me and I didn't see a single phone screen.
>>
What's the point of this if I can just lie that I left my phone at home?
>>
>>51660989
Nothing, it's to keep people from recording the act.
And why the hell should I trust some minimum-wage attendant in a comedy club to not just steal the phones? What are you gonna do, call the police?
>>
>>51661016
>Nothing, it's to keep people from recording the act.
And it wouldn't do that. Anyone who set out to record the act could bypass this system effortlessly.
>>
>>51661016
Camera glasses and bangs.

They have the added benefit of not draining your phone's battery.
>>
>>51661041
>>51661052
I didn't say it was effective, just that that was the purpose of the measure.
>>
>As soon as they enter the "no-phone zone," however, the pouches will have locked shut, preventing anyone from firing off so much as a winking emoji. Need to make a call or send an email? No problem. Simply leave the designated zone (and head, say, to the lobby bar), and, as you move past several strategically placed stations, the pouches can now magically be unlocked.

AWESOME.

I'm going to his show and having a fit in the locked phone area.
Then i can claim brain damage due to emergency services taking too long and i can sue for 10s of millions.

Dumb fucking nigger
>>
>>51661130
Not only that, but what stops you from just tearing the pouch? It looks like run of the mill cloth.
>>
>>51660882
I think it's more so that you don't have to sit behind retards filming the show with an ipad
>>
>>51661165
You know how you solve that problem?
Have security come up and tell them to get the fuck out.

You know, how a non-retard would handle this situation.
>>
>>51661142
you have to return it at the end you dumb fuck
>>
>>51661181
But at the end, I've already watched the show. What are they gonna do, throw me out?
>>
>>51661181
>Oh sorry, I didn't bring my phone tonight to deal with your bullshit.
>>
File: 8h28.jpg (64 KB, 606x404) Image search: [Google]
8h28.jpg
64 KB, 606x404
>>51661176
>having security tell 500 people to put down their iphones & ipads

I guess you haven't been to a concert or show recently have you?
>>
File: 1447368180046.jpg (26 KB, 650x415) Image search: [Google]
1447368180046.jpg
26 KB, 650x415
>to ensure none of his material is leaked to the web

Seriously Dave? Nobody wants to watch your material off a shitty phone camera. Instead of a shitty attempt at keeping your material on wraps, why don't you try constantly creating new stuff instead like non-lazy comics such as George Carlin. Lazy bastard.
>>
>>51661202
Yes.
What you do is you go corner to corner and tell people to get the fuck out.

Once the first 10 people have been kicked out, the other fucktards will put their shit away.
Done.
>>
>>51661285
Oh and i should mention that you simply force anybody with an ipad to kneel on the ground and then you shoot them in the back of the fucking head at point blank range.

Preferably after watching their loved ones be similarly executed.
>>
>ITT Sonic Weapons
>>
>>51661211
more like comedians are afraid of being bullied now that the safe space crowd is mainstream
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.