[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /g/oys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: prussian tapestry forum.png (26 KB, 717x307) Image search: [Google]
prussian tapestry forum.png
26 KB, 717x307
Hi /g/, i've come here to ask for help.
I have an assignment nue to friday.
I need to solve the chinese postman problem using java, from an adjacent matrix.

>INB4 there is no answer

I know that that, I just want something
>>
>>51654325

ill help u out

public void solve()
{

//ur code here ;^)

}
>>
>>51654325
This is not a homework help board. Take it to stackoverflow or something
>>
>>51654351
better yet
public void solve()
{

//ur code with documentation here :^)

}
>>
>>51654351
When im done i'll teach u :^)
>>
>>51654325
Academic dishonesty fucking faggot
do your own homework and learn something
>>
Give me the full assignment description and I'll help you.
>>
>>51654391
I can solve it you fucking moron, I just wanted some insight from other programers/ have a discussion about a three thousand years old problem with no definitive answer. Looks like there aren't any DEVELOPERS around here
>>
>>51654457
>damage control engaged
>>
>>51654457
>asks for "Help" (verbatim) right in the topic
>I-I just wanted discussion
Now you're just embarassing yourself
>>
>>51654457
in that case you shouldve included some fucking code
>>
>>51654438
Thanks man.
I have all the all the vertices and edges on an adjacent matrix, and I need to know the shortest route the mailman can possibly take, starting and finishing on the same vertex, while going trough all the edges (on foot).

The program is almost ready, i just need the effective calculation of the shortest route. The will be used in a delivery compaly, like fedex.
>>
>>51654614
No, give me what the teacher gave you.
>>
From http://www.suffolkmaths.co.uk/pages/Maths%20Projects/Projects/Topology%20and%20Graph%20Theory/Chinese%20Postman%20Problem.pdf
>>
>>51654672
"Given an area consisting of several streets , the algorithm will determine the best way for the postman to pass by each street in the area at least once , leaving the regional center and returning to it."

That's all they gave me.
>>
>>51654768
I now know what school you go to. If anyone posts code in this thread I will report it.
>>
>CYBER POHLEECE
lol god luck, my code is my creation and is the least of my problems. besides, good luck trying to track down my college using a piece of translated text. Besides: the word of an anonymous nobory weill sure get me in trouble for doing nothing wrong.

>>51654710
All I needed, thanks man
>>
>>51654812
>I now know what school you go to
No you don't
>>
>>51654325
>>51654614
Well, right away you know that you can't try to finish out one of the smaller communities since there's only way in or out which would mean you'd have to make a stop at at least one of those spots twice.
And considering that, you can tell that the way to come back full circle would be to leave from an area that has a possible way in and a possible way out.
But then noting that you also figure that the only way to get the smaller community taken care of while fulfilling the requirements would be to start with the smaller communities and manage a route through the larger community by using the two way routes.

That paradox makes this problem impossible to solve. You could affix a cost of opportunity to the problem and then have your algorithms note that. In doing that you could then focus on quicker routes by way of O( n+( num_of_overlaps )) algorithms with fewer num_of_overlaps.

Ultimately there is no solution but considering that one of the first sequences you learn to manage is 2^n-1 then you could always make an attempt at almost fully explaining it. Then again, maybe it's not really that kind of class. And maybe I just came off like some try hard nut job.

Anyway, happy postings.
>>
>>51654940
Oh and after the O( n + overlaps ) algorithms are found, you can then add arbitrary lengths to the streets, using considerations like possibly a possible b, definitely hypotenuse in this tuple or vector and then use a triple to account for the length differences, which you could then use to break down the list of O( n + 1 ) algorithms into even shorter paths based on the street "lengths".

I figure you can always find the code if you google the problem but considering Indians have SEO'd everything to point to stack exchange and the rest generally say the same things over and over ad nauseum with no consideration to the thinking process versus the logic process, I'd say this post should help you immensely.
>>
>>51654940
You were very helpfull, that's the explanation I needed in order to show my teacher the problem has no definitive, universal answer. thanks anon

And fuck that pahtetic shill wannabe
>>
>>51654882
>All I needed, thanks man
Congratulations, you are completely unable to find information despite it being easy enough for a chimp to do for half a decade.
>>
>>51655041
(2^n)-1
>>
>>51655157
What's the name of my university, tough guy?
>>
>>51655313
Universidad de Buenos Aires
>>
>>51655465
wow very close, cholo.Do you want some national leather or silver to conpensate for all this butthurt, boludito?
>>
>>51655501
It's pretty clear who's butthurt
>>
>>51655465
Not OP but how'd you get that? I almost can't imagine someone good enough to make their own programs that could find a poster's school just based on the assignment he posted could get so upset about a homework help thread.,,
>>
>>51654710
Good old Decisions 1 A-Levels
>>
>>51655668
OP here, he didn't get it right.
Im also impressed by the level of butthurt shown.
BTW, where did he get that information is beyond me
>>
>>51655668
It's translated.
>>
>>51656222
nobody knows what it means but it's provocative
>>
>>51656222
I was just talking to my brother about how that (and the mention to a university) was a giveaway.
But you lose
You get nothing
>>
>>51656314
Oh yeah? What University is it?
>>
>>51656330
Universidad de Buenos Aires

faglord
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.