[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g I'd like you rate my cabling. Build is i7 6700K
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Front.jpg (667 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
667 KB, 1440x1080
Sup /g

I'd like you rate my cabling.
Build is i7 6700K (still waiting delivery), Z170, DDR4 32GB, GTX980 G1 Gaming.
HDD 1TB waiting for future m.2 Samsung new line of PCIe interfaced so no sata bottleneck.

Cabling is almost done. Need to connect and power optical and HDD.
I'd like to find some other cables than those supplied with motherboard and PSU to have them just the lenght required.

Rate, make insults, tips very welcome. Thanks.
>>
File: back.jpg (668 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
668 KB, 1440x1080
And the back.
>>
>>51648774

I know you just wanted commentary on your cabling, but fuck man.

You spend 1200+ fucking dollars on a computer and you got a CX600M?

You know the #1 rule of building is never cheap out on PSU, right?

Should've stuck with 16GB RAM and got something better.
>>
>>51648774
Looks fine OP. Would bang.
>>
>>51648774
0/10 you haven't even plugged in your HDD or CD/DVD.
>>
>>51649177
Or installed a CPU on closer inspection.
>>
File: jewish clown at auschwitz.png (99 KB, 360x269) Image search: [Google]
jewish clown at auschwitz.png
99 KB, 360x269
>>51648774
>falling for the i7 meme
>Gigabyte
>owning an optical drive in 2015
>buying cheap shit PSUs
>buying cheap shit cases with no rubber grommets
>installing a fan to cool your fucking hard drive
>>
>>51648783
the fuck is the fan for?
>>
>installing everything else without the CPU and cooler being in
You're gonna have a bad time.

Also everything about your cable management is shit. Tear it down and do it again.
>>
>>51649228
>You're gonna have a bad time

Especially if it doesn't boot up first time.

>not testing everything outside the case first
>2015
>>
>>51649243
POSTing outside of the case is for pussies. Unless there's an actual part failure that requires RMA, just don't be an idiot and everything will work fine.

Regardless, installing the cooler with RAM and everything else already in place is going to be a pain, especially in that shitty case.
>>
>>51649088

He probably wouldn't have had to pay much more for a gold rated EVGA PSU @ 750W
>>
>>51649228

He'll be okay if it's a push pin style cooler like the Hyper 212. Though, I would still put the CPU and cooler on first before putting the motherboard in the case.
>>
File: imagemagic.jpg (285 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
imagemagic.jpg
285 KB, 800x800
>>51649177
>>51649198

OP here, CPU is still not at home. so i just kept everything as clean as possible to install it later. Optical and HDD will be cabled later as the provided cables from M/B and PSU are a lot longer than required. I'd like to install something with lenght more fit for the purpouse.
Also, I did write this in the first post, why you didn't read?

>>51649088
I've got a Corsair on my main rig and is still going strong after 8 years of games and lots of hours daily. I think i can trust this one too.

>>51649199
Thanks for the rubber grommet idea. I have some rubber edge cover later, used in industrial cabling. Will install.

>>51649208
bought one spare fan, so I installed it. Would you not advice it?

>>51649228
Give me more details and advice in my cabling, as for me is a nice job.

Also, the picture is the cooler i bought.

Thanks everyone for the advices.
>>
>>51649703
Go to /guts/ and look at some of the good examples of cable management. Regardless, the case you chose is complete shit and will not allow for actual good cable management.
>>
>>51649783

Yeah,
these fags there always shows only the front side.
At least I did show the backside where the cables are not good looking.

I understand that the case is not the best for cabling, but I'm trying to have a good airflow.
Let's talk... function over looks maybe.
>>
>>51650044
Cables do not heavily effect airflow unless you have a rats nest blocking a fan in its entirety. You're chasing a moot point.
>>
>>51648774
>980
hahaha you got fucking tricked son.

either go 980ti or go AMD
>>
>>51650217

So I'm assuming that at least it's a good work for the air flow?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.