[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Things that computing majors should be told before they start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: job.wat.png (937 KB, 1415x685) Image search: [Google]
job.wat.png
937 KB, 1415x685
>Things that computing majors should be told before they start their program
You won't learn how to make games.
>>
Math degree is superior
>>
programming sucks shit
>>
What did you fucking expect in a computing major? Don't you know about game development degrees?
>>
File: ragesh.jpg (154 KB, 800x799) Image search: [Google]
ragesh.jpg
154 KB, 800x799
>>51646654
This man is Ragesh

He shits in public every day, and has never used a toilet except as a place to wait for women at night

He shares a bedroom with 4 other men

he has raped two women and 1 dog this month

he is so poor that even his windows phone lags

his last name has 87 letters and 3 hyphens

he is going to marry his first cousin next year, just as his parents were first cousins

His masters degree is fake, he got it over 6 months in a "school" over a meat shop

He will take your job, because he is going to work for less than 2000 dollars a year, so they can hire 15 of them instead of one of you, and no matter how good you are they will always take the 15 Indians instead of you
>>
>>51646654
But I took game design and graphics programming electives as part of my CS degree.

Making games is one of many things that a Computer Science degree can be used for.

What is wrong with telling this to students?
>>
>>51646654
don't dereference a null pointer
>>
>>51646654
Here is a pro tip*
making games is easy as fuck nowdays,what you need is a guy that will code few things for you in C# and everything in engine usage is well documented.
3D modeling and animation is something anyone can do if they have the 3DS Max and time.
>>
>>51646834
If this ever becomes a real problem I'll go live in India and work for $1500 a year.
>>
>>51646864
Because most kids who go into computing wanting to make games want the easy route out. Not actually what's expecting of the degree. I know from experience.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.