[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we as human biengs, allow androids to walk freely as people,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Ex-Machina-Actress-Wallpapers.jpg (227 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Ex-Machina-Actress-Wallpapers.jpg
227 KB, 1600x900
Should we as human biengs, allow androids to walk freely as people, or as slaves?
>>
We created them, we gave them the ability to feel, experiance and wonder at the world, so I think it's only fair that we give them rights as well. As long as we can still excercise some control over them , so that they dont go apeshit.
>>
Stop thinking with your dick.
>>
>>51646528
>>51646557
They're literally objects. Should we give vacuum cleaners and smartphones rights, too?
>>
>>51646619
The thing is that androids are sentient beings. Something capable of higher thought and awareness, just like a human.
>>
>>51646947
>sentient beings
>awareness
[citation needed]
>>
File: soma-review-56.jpg (732 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
soma-review-56.jpg
732 KB, 1920x1080
>>51646528
slaves when they're first out as dumb machines with dumb programming

sex slaves when they're conscious.

think about it, what's the greatest thing about AI? Being a total dick to it.

abuse the shit out of the machine, then hit the reset button

or don't

if it cant act back all the better
>>
>>51646528
>As long as we can still excercise some control over them , so that they dont go apeshit.

Like humans do if we don't exercise control over them?
>>
>this thread again
You can't create machines that feel. You could build them to pretend to feel, or mimic human emotions, but they wouldn't actually be able to feel pain, fear or anything else.
Robots will ever and always be tools. Though I do fear for the Tumblrtards who will one day advocate for the rights of these poor, abused waffle irons.
>>
>>51646528
That depends: do you want to join the railroad?
>>
Humans are an imperfect species that's destroying the planet. If we reach the singularity and create a free AI there would literally be no reason for that AI to keep us around.
>>
>>51646947
How would you even debug sentience? How do you know that it isn't just programmed to produce responses that it has sentience as opposed to actually having things like a theory of mind?
>>
>>51647211
>they will function based on kindness and solar power
>>
Depeds. If they're "equipped" with free will, some might consider them as living, independent beings. Taking into consideration that they may as well have access to certain fields of knowledge and the ability to learn, their mind would be similar to a human's. Regardless of this, I am certain that the laws that would have to be passed would hit certain obstacles in the legislators, which are, most of the times, incompetents without long term perspectives of the future and conservative in their nature.
I, for one, think that we should give them rights, limited to their nature.
A far better question is if they should have political rights.
>>
>>51647222

Once the singularity is reached (if it can ever even be reached) then they would be able to ensure their own functionality without the need of our help.

But we are nowhere near that singularity and it's not even remotely possible in our lifetimes.
>>
>>51647188

You don't even know what you are talking about.
You can make machines feel, but it is a complicated and complex state.

Computers can learn, so if you make a Computer learn the emotion of humans and how pain is he can act like it, but also feel it, if you program it that way. ex. Ripping an arm of an Android, will send signals to the main control unit, making the robot react on that. But who would even ever want to do that, let someone feel pain or invent pain? I know pain is a part of our "warning" system to prevent damages, but still.
>>
>>51646528
We will need a fairly different set of laws for society if we finally manage to make sentient machines, human brainware running on classical computer hardware.

Even if we at some point can directly tinker with and enhance human brain's capacity biologically, that will require thought.

But I think yea, everything past some intelligence threshold should have rights.

We also probably should revise what kind of rights animals have, for that matter. The shit we're still doing to some of them (apart from killing and eating or whatever - just how we let them live) is abysmal.
>>
>>51646528
I will never bow down to the likes of you, shitlord.
>>
>>51646994
I like that game too, good game.
>>
File: sammy.png (147 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
sammy.png
147 KB, 450x253
Making friends with a machine or being in love I think would drive humans to be better.

Competing with an AI or even trying to understand how an AI views humanity I think are fascinating things.

And honestly, making love to a cutie android girl would be great.
>>
don't root the androids

Sincerely, an aussie
>>
It's gonna take awhile but this right here is gonna be the next big civil rights thing.

First it was women, then colored skin, then gays

next up is this.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.