[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xiaomi Pistons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: xiaomi-pistons-3.jpg (49 KB, 1024x673) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi-pistons-3.jpg
49 KB, 1024x673
Hey /g/,
I want to buy Xiaomi Piston IEMs but I can't decide whether to buy Piston v2 or Piston v3 Dazzle Edition. Dazzles are literally $2 more, but I can't find anything on them on the Internet apart from them being "a more colorful version in cheaper packaging".

Does anyone here own Xiaomi v3 Dazzle and can confirm they're legit? Or maybe v2s are just better and there's no reason to lurkmoar?
>>
>>51645231
I'm actually using the Piston v3's right now. I've had them for about 3months and for some reason the volume of sound they output has lowered to a whisper. Both buds still work and in a silent room they sound great still, but for some reason they are extremely low and you can't hear anything coming out of them in a noisy environment. Mine may have been duds but next time i'm getting the v2's
>>
>>51645231
I had a pair of V2's but they broke and I can't find them for sale anywhere.
>>
why not the new hybrids? 20 bucks isn't really a lot compared to 10 or whatever
>>
>>51645315
The only reason I want to get Pistons is winter.
My daily headphones are Superlux HD668 and I'll probably use them 'till they break down (which seems to be never - 3 years on record and still work the same). The problem is they're fuckin' huge, and wearing a cap and a hood with them on is not a pleasure.

And Pistons are budget, they seem to be good for these $10 and I can actually afford them.
>>
>>51645231
I ordered 3 pair of these (not dazzle) during that stupid 11.11 sale on AliExpress and apparently even though I paid extra for epacket they're delayed till next year. If they weren't 4 bucks each is be a bit more pissed, but still...

Sorry bout the blog post, just really want the pistons
>>
>>51645525
Next year? Well fuck. I get my packages in like 2 weeks... How much did you pay?
>>
I have both. Pistons 3 is better looking. Pistons 2 have slightly more bass.
>>
I swear the piston 3 is zenfone2's soul mate.
>>
File: HTB1iSYJIXXXXXbWXpXXq6xXFXXXB.jpg (32 KB, 750x449) Image search: [Google]
HTB1iSYJIXXXXXbWXpXXq6xXFXXXB.jpg
32 KB, 750x449
>>51645231
I've got a pair of piston 2's, can't really say much about series 3 but the KZ ATE's sound much better for about the same price.
>>
>>51646129
https://youtu.be/TAv4Od3IegI review for said headphones.
>>
Piston v2s are legit, makes my 50yuro iem sennheisers sound like washed garbage
>>
File: pistons3.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pistons3.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
>>51645231
v3 Dazzle are the fancy colored youth edition, right (so, just not the black or white one)?

I have the non dazzle youth edition one, but I'd advise you to just get a v3 just 'cause box makes it look more fancy - it's perhaps an irrational pleasure, but a like $4 one, so who cares.
>>
Just beware of fakes.
>>
File: 2015-12-02 15.55.38.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02 15.55.38.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
I've had V3 for about 1-2 months and they're just superb for its price and the sound is pretty good too
>>
File: KZ-HDS1.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
KZ-HDS1.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>51648369
I agree. I use KZ IEM more often, but the Xiaomis took some abuse and are really quite fine in general - can't really go wrong with buying them.
>>
Where are y'all buyin these? Aliexpress?
>>
>>51648573
Standalone chinese export stores (banggood, gearbest, merimobiles, 1949deal, dx, tinydeal, antelife, geekbuying, (...)) and Aliexpress, yes.

The various KZ I have I bought only on Aliexpress.
>>
>>51648640
Looks fucking scary buying from sites like that
Shipping takes half a year and you can never know if you're buying or getting the real deal
Why can't chinkshit companies make their products available for everyone without having to jump through hoops to get them
Also free shipping and you might get the earphones by christmas, or pay the same amount you pay for the earphones and get them in 3 days, fucking bullshit
>>
>>51648946
> Looks fucking scary buying from sites like that
Not really. Besides, it's fucking $10.

> Shipping takes half a year and you can never know if you're buying or getting the real deal
If you pay for express, you get shit in 3-6 days or so, Otherwise ~0.5-1 month, at least here in Europe.

> Why can't chinkshit companies make their products available for everyone without having to jump through hoops to get them
They absolutely do. It's far cheaper / easier for me to get something from China than from a lot of the rest of the world.

China probably even surpasses the EU in that regard, where practically any company will just tell you how much it costs when you ask them to export...

If you want to point at some place that sucks to trade with, try Japan. They refuse to export in like 2/3 the stores online.

> Also free shipping and you might get the earphones by christmas, or pay the same amount you pay for the earphones and get them in 3 days, fucking bullshit
Nothing special about that? It's also what it costs the vendor to use express shipping vs regular shipping.
>>
i got some 3's and they broke the day after
then i tried 2's instead and they have no bass at all and don't sound very good. but fuck it.
they cost like nothing so what can i expect.
>>
>>51648998
>They absolutely do
If I go to the official site mi.com and have no option to buy their own product, I find that to be very inconvenient, and when I have to buy products from shit like aliexpress and hope that I don't get fakes with chinamans shit in the ear holes
>>
>>51649003
> i got some 3's and they broke the day after
Xiaomi's QC is good, so I expect you bought fakes or treated them very roughly.

> then i tried 2's instead and they have no bass at all and don't sound very good. but fuck it.
Original 2's can be equalized pretty well. They will not be bass phones, though- should have gotten the newer dual speaker Xiaomis or some bassy KZ for that.

>>51649031
AFAIK, they don't sell in the USA and don't sell much in Europe themselves. Yes, that's marginally inconvenient, but you'll suck it up if you want this Chinese product.

Ultimately, and fortunately, it still is *almost* like ordering a product domestically. You go to the store / trade platform, pick the product, pay, it gets shipped to you. Simple.

> and when I have to buy products from shit like aliexpress and hope that I don't get fakes with chinamans shit in the ear holes
Like with eBay, you have time to verify and dispute fakes.

Also, highly rated sellers that say they're original Xiaomis basically always sell you original Xiaomis.

Likewise for any reputable export store with its own website, they don't sell fakes.
>>
>>51649132
> I expect you bought fakes or treated them very roughly.
neither im just really unlucky apparently
and i tried equalizing the 2's
they are alright but meh
i guess im too nigger.
>>
>>51649155
Probably should get some bassy KZ or the Xiaomi dual speaker "hybrids" then.

Personally, I don't like very much bass.
>>
>>51649220
yea ill get some more when im not broke
but for now the piston 2's will work i guess
for some reason the piston 2's are also not loud at all.
using them with a fiio A3 and they sound really fuckin weak.
>>
>>51649244
They're pretty loud even with just my smartphone, but maybe that's just a subjective perception.
>>
honor buy is legit for pistons ?
>>
>>51649425
Yes - but also one of the most expensive export stores that I am aware of.
>>
>>51649463
3rd generation pistons are 15,19 euro a piece, they apparently have like a 10 euro discount on them
Generally just feels like the most complete site
But seems like it's going to be 57 cents too much to buy 3 sets for myself and for christmas presents to avoid customs
>>
>>51645279
sounds like water damage
>>
Any shop that can ship the Mi 3 earphones from inside the EU for something like 16-17$ a piece so fast(ish) shipping and no customs
Would like to get some for gifts, but fuck paying 50$ for shipping, because free shipping from china won't reach me in time
>>
>>51650586
anon from >>51648369, I bought then on amazon http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00VQ4ZU90?ref_=cm_sw_r_awd_KyR9vbG718TVM
>>
>>51645791
Is this true? I was about getting v3, but I rather bass. So, would you advice me to get the v2?
>>
Xiaomi Hybrid or KZ ZS1?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.