[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My laptop (HP ProBook 4540s) is giving me hard time to boot from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: DSC00076.jpg (371 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
DSC00076.jpg
371 KB, 1280x960
My laptop (HP ProBook 4540s) is giving me hard time to boot from USB flash
so hard it made me do this thread, any ideas what is going on wrong with it?
>>
>>51638435
Assuming you're trying to boot a modern OS

Boot From EFI File -> your flash drive -> EFI -> boot -> bootx64.efi

If you're trying to boot an old OS, go into BIOS setup (F10 on startup), System Configutation -> Boot Options -> uncheck UEFI Boot, F10, Yes.
>>
File: DSC00077.jpg (308 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
DSC00077.jpg
308 KB, 1280x960
>>51638611
Im trying to boot Windoes 7 Live from USB flash drive, but when I go to EFI -> boot -> bootx64.efi

and select it, it automatically loads the installend Windoes 8

I know it cant be from the flash, as I ran it on many other laptops, but this one particulary, is eating my nerves.
>>
enable legacy support in bios, disable secure boot
>>
>>51639142
this
>>
>>51639111
That's not the flash drive, that's your hard drive.

For Windows 7 using UEFI, you need to have the flash drive formatted as FAT32, and you need to add the boot64.efi file to the flash drive yourself, from a system running 7, copy the file C:\Windows\boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi to the flash drive in EFI\boot and rename it bootx64.efi

Or disable UEFI and boot it in legacy mode, you'll probably need to completely wipe the hard drive, so from the Windows installer, hit F10 to open up a command pronpt, then run

diskpart
list disk
select disk n (your HDD)
clean
convert mbr
exit
exit

then continue with the install.
>>
>>51639176
this

u dun goofed configuring the usb
>>
File: great-gatsby-whos-awesome.png (1 MB, 1476x846) Image search: [Google]
great-gatsby-whos-awesome.png
1 MB, 1476x846
>>51639142
You sir are awesome!

Now if you only tell me how to decrypt my files, I would be most grateful, they have added ".exx" extension for example: birthday.jpg.exx
>>
>>51639370
>opened an email and clicked on link inside

all your data files are cryptoscrewed already. booting from a usb ain't gonna fix that. gonna have to pay up to get them decrypted. if you removed the crypto programs from the drive, your files are gone forever.
>>
>>51639656
nothing removed, just renaamed the from cryptovirus.exe the ".exe" part so it wont strt
>>
File: CTB-Locker1.png (56 KB, 843x580) Image search: [Google]
CTB-Locker1.png
56 KB, 843x580
kinda of a bumpt
>>
I guess technology havent advanced enought to be able to decrypt files
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.