[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting my first smartphone today. What should I get? I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 478x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 478x595
Getting my first smartphone today. What should I get? I'll probably get the iPhone 6, is there anything better out there?
>>
>Getting a bug/ tracking device

Good goy. Install doze x while you're at it.

Seriously, stick with a landline unless you are a retard.
>>
G4
>>
>>51623245
it's not an Android dufus
>>
You'll get disappointed if you pick anything other than an iPhone desu.
>>
>>51623211
http://fairphone.com/
>>
I would say just the 6. The 6+ is too big.
>>
>>51623211
>I know nothing about this technology branch so for starters I'm going to get the most expensive product amongst it
>>
>>51623345
It's probably on contract, so like 100 maybe 300 max
>>
>>51623372
If you're going on contract, you can get a smartphone for 1 dollar
>>
this post makes me want to buy an iPhone so i went and bought the one you wanted just to spite you
>>
>>51623324
Agree, but the 6+ has more RAM.
>>
>>51625388
can i please have some money via paypal?
>>
>>51623295
This to bh pham
>>
>>51625401
can i send u only 1 dollar, will that satisfy you
>>
>>51625388
Epic
>>
I took my 6s plus back to the Apple Store because it had a slight dark spot on the top of the screen in the corner.
You could barely see it but it was bothering my autism, they gave me a brand new one right there.
Don't even have apple care
>>
>>51625451
was it still under warranty tho
>>
>buy the iphone

WHAT HAPPENED TO 4CHAN
>>
>>51625467
Yeah, 1 year warranty, bought it like 3 months ago.
Lol ofc it's under warranty this phone just came out
>>
>>51623211
The 6s
>>
>>51623211
Pretty much any Android phone. Unless you're going to make some argument as to why you prefer iOS over android, stock or not.

In that case, nope OP. Apple are in fact the only company that legally make iPhones. (And if someone is going to suggest Windows Phone, Ubuntu Phone, or some other alternative shit, don't kid yourselves. I was stuck with WP for 2 years and I think I was able to find a total of 5 apps worth having. Ubuntu shit isn't even easily available in the US, blah blah blah)
>>
>>51625478
Thank you, now I know I'm not the only one losing my shit. Seriously, do you want 980p "retina enough" and an hour of battery? Imo there's 0 seriously flawed phones out right now. The 6s plus and any note series phone are excellent options though.
>>
Don't buy 6, either 6s or something older than 6, 6 has flawed design and is very easy to physically break and bend.
No, there is no better smartphone than this locked overpriced piece of fashion, sadly.
>>
Get either a Sony or an HTC phone. iPhones are extremely limited in what you can do with them, and Samsung devices tend to have a severe performance drop at about the time you are eligible for an upgrade.
>>
The fuck is wrong with /g/ you're really going to tell me that an iPhone beats out any android device with cyanogen or any other Dr googled custom rom?
>>
>>51623211
>owning a hand held tracking device
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>51625958
It beats it by definition since it doesn't require you to go through all the bullshit of fiddling with your device and installing hobbyist software (kek it's like you don't even respect your tech and life, which is dependent on it) to make it somewhat useful, instead you just unpack it and proceed to do whatever you want in a way you (and your friends and your gf and your relatives and your colleagues) are used to, since it's oldest and most consistent and thought-out mobile os there is. Also first impression is everything if you have anything resembling a life, and apple devices are the only thing out there that are good at it, so it is an investment rather than just a toy or tool. Toys are for children, tools are for working class scum, if you are fine with being stuck in either of those groups - go ahead and get an android. This board finally starting to realize it.
>>
File: 1446259274771.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446259274771.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>51626360
>everyone else has one, so you have to
>it does what you want it to already so don't buy the phone that does things it can't do because you don't want to do those thing
>other phones are toys and you're poor if you don't buy it
I don't mind iPhones, but could you keep your shilling based on facts instead of these endless attempts at people's insecurities.
OP, if you're bad at using phones and just want validation, just get the iPhone. You don't need to try and convince this whole board to validate your decision.
>>
>>51626630
Fact is that stability and efficiency is the most important thing in tech when your time and decisions matters. Some android features are nice but it hardly matters since it's a joke os as a whole.
>>
>>51626752
Having all your apps out all the time isn't efficient. Transition animations for everything is not efficient either. A one size fits all approach is only good in certain situations.
Stock Android isn't great, but the fact that I have been able to adjust it to what fits my needs makes it more efficient. Sure there is the initial cost of configuring it which you're going to attack with your "it just werks out of the box" argument and I'll address that too if you'd like.

Both iOS and Android are largely toy OSs. If you want to argue efficiency and claim phones that are for productive people are the best, Blackberry is probably were it's actually at. But I'm sure you would miss your games.
>>
>>51625395
Way more battery too. But you'll find yourself having to use it two handed often, which is actually pretty natural after a while
>>
>>51625958
From a developers perspective, I'd buy an iPhone just knowing how superior iOS dev tools are compared to Android. The iOS version of an app will be the better one 9 times out of 10. It blows my mind how little Android development has improved since I first started in 2011
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.