[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is the nvidia shield tablet a solid tablet to buy for 200€?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: shield-tablet_8[1].jpg (426 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shield-tablet_8[1].jpg
426 KB, 1920x1080
is the nvidia shield tablet a solid tablet to buy for 200€?

or is it a laggy piece of shit that can only run two apps at once before starting to slow down
>>
h-hi
>>
w-well i tried desu
>>
The only gimmick it has is that video decoder for low latency PC game streaming.

However, when you're at home anyway, you might as well use the PC.

Just get a chink tablet with the iPad's screen and Windows 8.1 (not 10, that SUCKS on Tablets).
>>
>>51616423
thanks, id rather have an android tho
also, im not gonna carry my pc over to my living room and hook it up, thats retarded

i dont care for the game stream functionality, just thought it might be a decent quality tablet, well as much quality u can get for 200bucks
>>
so. best tablet foe 200€?
GO
>>
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-shield-tablet-k1-the-ultimate-tablet-for-gamers-returns-now-199
>>
>>51616752
thats why im asking if this thing is actually powerful for this price or is it some shitty nvidia product
>>
>>51616837
It's the most powerful Android tablet at $199

Compared to the Nexus 7 2013, it runs rings around it
>>
>>51616989
thanks friend, that helps
>>
>>51616082
Don't buy it. It's screen is shit.
>>
>>51616082
Since it's stock Android 5.1.1 with a few nvidia apps and Android 6.0 is planned, it's a pretty safe bet.
Almost every other tablet in that price range have either 1Go ram (which isn't enough) or a full bloatware suite.
>>
>>51616082
I just replied using one. It can run half life and portal full speed natively. I have never had lag using mine, I run max 8-9 apps, the OOM killer usually does not kick in. It is a bit smoother in terms of performance in cyanogenmod than by default.
>>
>>51617421
Oh there's already a cm build for it ? I might get it sooner that I planned, then.
>>
>>51617567
It has had a cm build for over a year. Just recently it even became official, so we get nightlies.
>>
>>51617639
Oh yeah, keep in mind I have the shield tablet, the one with the pen and lte. I assume the cm build also works on the newer k1 tablets, obviously can't check myself though.
>>
>>51617704
Yeah, I meant for the K1. I'll do my research when I'll be about to buy it anyway, but thanks.
>>
>>51617050
Recommend any alternatives.
>>
>>51617723
Another side note: it has a working Ubuntu build and I have successfully run gentoo on mine (and then uninstalled it as gnome had shit touch support).
>>
>>51617050
What's wrong with the screen? 283 DPI is nice.
>>
>>51617795
A screen isn't just about the resolution. There are things such as colour reproduction and such that make a good display. I've heard bad things about the screen as well but I can't remember what it was exactly
>>
>>51617970
I have never had any sort of color complaints on mine, I am aware of what a good screen looks like.

I just figured he was complaining about DPI as it didn't occur to me that he would be bitching about other things (since the screen seems fine on mine).

If then screen really is shit and I am an idiot, fair enough I guess.
>>
File: 65931.png (34 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
65931.png
34 KB, 600x500
>>51618106
you can just see pictures or video of it next to other tablets. It's a terrible screen:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8296/the-nvidia-shield-tablet-review/8

>The saturation test is where things start to fall apart. Unfortunately, it’s quite clear that the backlight used in this device just doesn’t have pure enough wavelengths for red and blue, and the result is that the gamut is well below sRGB, around what we see for the iPhone 4/4s and iPad mini line
>>
>>51618851
Just tested on mine, you are right.
>>
>>51618851
all im gonna do on this thing is fucking browse, play a shitty moblie game watch twitch and chat

its not like you fucking use lightroom and photoshop on this thing
>>
>>51619134
It should perform great for a light workload like that.
>>
>>51619028
what version are you all using i wonder if the new version has a better screen?

are post recalllunits using exact same hardware? i heard they make some improvements but i couldn't find specifcs

anyways the shield tablet 3 has already been spotted on bench test sites
so i would probably wait and see what the next one has to offer this is what i have been waiting for
i am looking to get a tablet and was interested in this tablet cause of the K1 but then when i saw what X1 could do i decided to wait it out , release was supposed to come in july and i have been waiting impatiently ever since, then like 2 days ago i see there are benchmarks so it can;t be too far away now
i am hoping to a uni body metal design
not sure how realistic this is though
but it would be a great way to go fro heat dissipation hopefully it is metal and fanless

what i would love to see is an 8in tablet in the shield K1 form factor.screen ratio that looks exactly like a large HTC one M7 with an x1 and 4 gig ram
the perfect tablet
>>
>>51619999
shield tablet 2 i mean
>>
>>51619134
for 200 euros you can get a modern mid-range samsung tablet that is probably faster, and of course with a better screen.

lemme google one
>>
>>51620111
thanks dude
>>
>>51619999
I tested screen on post recall. I went through the recall, only difference I notice is that post recall for me runs cooler than pre-recall.
I doubt the tk1 has a better screen, it seems mostly identical to a shield except for the missing pen.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.