[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So much turmoil. I was planning on snatching 2x MSI 980 TIs for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Fuck-this-shit-table-flip.jpg (28 KB, 479x433) Image search: [Google]
Fuck-this-shit-table-flip.jpg
28 KB, 479x433
So much turmoil. I was planning on snatching 2x MSI 980 TIs for my next build after the holidays, but you days keep arguing about which is better. So just fucking tell me which is better. Show me the god damn research. Stop making me question my fucking decisions.
>>
OP here. Fags*. That is all
>>
Find out for yourself dipshit
>>
When it comes to 980Ti level performance, nvidia all the way.
It only gets murky when you go below that level.
>>
>>51573760
Get a mac unless you are poor.
I just asked my mom to get me a second MacBook for gaming.
>>
>>51573760
Depends on your case and cooling configuration, get the stock cooler version if they'll next to each other, or custom is you can afford an empty slot between them.

It doesn't really matter which custom version you get, they all perform about the same.
>>
>>51573783
Go fuck yourself, guy
>>
>>51573811
All liquid cooled
>>
>>51573827
You can't expect to people on the internet to do everything for you.
Becides this is some really basic shit, you should be ashamed.
>>
>>51573760
They have pros and cons.

Nvidia:
>Their best cards are better than AMD's best cards
>Better driver support in Linux
>Runs many big mainstream games better, because of their faggoty Gameworks
>Very expensive for their performance
>Company is a giant, raging ball of penis that uses Gameworks to deliberately slow down AMD cards

AMD:
>Better performance for your dollar--their mid tier cards are cheaper than the equivalent Nvidia card
>More ethical company. They don't use software like Gameworks--their equivalent, TressFX, is actually open source.

I'd prefer to support AMD for their business practices, unless I'm trying to build a ridiculously top tier rig or gaming on Linux.
>>
>>51573861
ashamed or ahmed?
>>
File: Fuck Apple-1.jpg (1 MB, 2489x1905) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Apple-1.jpg
1 MB, 2489x1905
>>51573806
If I wanted to throw money at Apple....
>>
>>51573926
Nice $400 you got there. How's MC Donalds kid?
>>
>>51573844
In that case stock cards are easier to find matching water blocks for, but if you really want to push the clocks on them for extended periods then you might want to look into a custom card that offers more power delivery. More phases will be safer for higher voltages over the long term, but even the base design can hit 1500Mhz with proper cooling.

Either way, the 980 Ti chip is fairly easy to drive and can get to up to around 1450Mhz on almost any kind of cooling solution, but not much higher. A poor lottery draw might result in 1350, while a very good card can hit 1550.
>>
File: 1445461023217.jpg (154 KB, 1440x2292) Image search: [Google]
1445461023217.jpg
154 KB, 1440x2292
>>51573861
I don't expect shit, Anonfag. If you want to input, do that. If not, keep moving. If you feel inclined to comment but not contribute, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>51573760
With the new batch of AMD drivers, the performance gap between the 980ti and Fury X is nonexistent/negligible.

Now that being said, if you are seriously looking at TWO, the Fury X's scale better, so that would give you better performance than two 980 ti's.
>>
>>51573940
I'm a casual gamer, but a hardware fag. Nothing but the best. Thank you for the input, starting to lean towards AMD.
>>
>>51573935
Wouldn't know, don't eat shit. Sorry, I'll make sure I keep more,money laying around the house next time, fag.
>>
>>51573974
The Fury X does get a bit more mileage out of the new drivers, but if you OC your 980Ti to 1500 the Fury X is left in the dust as it can barely go higher past 1200Mhz even with the new voltage and memory limits.

>>51573992
Don't forget that Nvidia gives you access to CUDA, even if you'll never launch a game on your rig, it might be worthwhile if you do high-end productivity stuff.
>>
>>51573974
That's what I've read, but I haven't used AMD in a bit minute. Time for le research
>>
>>51573935
says the tripfag that can't count
>>
>>51574111
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.