[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys. I just NAILED a technical interview and the company
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: 1383496151732.jpg (670 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1383496151732.jpg
670 KB, 2560x1600
Hi guys. I just NAILED a technical interview and the company still reposted the fucking offer.

Also, there's an old manager that might be badmouthing me if asked for reviews, maybe because he's the usual spoiled normie asshole that will never ever put himself in other people's shoes if you do something he doesn't understand. That's another story though.

I'm seriously getting paranoid since as I said I fucking nailed the technical questions and they didn't even ask for a personal interview.

I've been sick for a while and I fucking need a job now. What the FUCK do I do now? Cthulu that guy? Claim that he's a pedophile all over the internet? Apologize? Find a way to find out whether it's even him?
>>
>>51560285

For context since I was too mad to even explain myself...

I left the company in bad terms because I was a kid interning and didnt know how to behave + serious personal issues.

He was noticeably mad, I apologized in person though, but he's an asshole that insulted me (not saying names) in his twitter the day he hired me for negotiating the offer.
>>
Guys you are the only people that will give honest advice. Help ffs
>>
post link to twitter
>>
>>51560285
>Cthulu that guy
nigga wat?
explain your memeing plz.

[spoiler] it will bump your thread [/spoiler]
>>
>>51560865
i'd rather not bro

>>51561062
just kidding to be honest. cthulu would mean sending mercenaries his way
>>
last self bump

there aren't that many job offers in my area and im bound here by a medical treatment. if the few offers i applied to dont go well it's either do some dead end bullshit or kill myself. that guy has no idea what he may be getting into...
>>
File: image_32.jpg (33 KB, 637x389) Image search: [Google]
image_32.jpg
33 KB, 637x389
>>
>>51560285
maybe they weren't just gauging your tech skills in the technical interview but your personal skills as well. i.e. how you responded to questions etc. may have made it come off that you don't work well with others or can't collaborate.
>>
>>51562275
it was written and I didn't even talk to them, thats what bothers me
>>
>>51562294
maybe someone else that applied, interviewed, and took the test before you also nailed it. interviews aren't done serially. also, how are you sure that you nailed it? Did you see the results?
>>
>>51560285
you sound like a huge cunt
>>
>>51562392

why m8?

>>51562385
well they reposted the offer...

i think it went pretty well to be honest, and if that is the filter for interviewing people or not, they should interview me I guess. I didnt see the results though so maybe you are right
>>
>>51560285
Do job interviews at other companies ?
>>
>>51562505
I'm doing that, just started looking for a job though.
>>
>>51560285
They hired Tyrone instead.
>>
OP you sound like a typical millennial cunt with an entitlement complex.

I wouldn't have hired you either
>>
>>51562585

look i may be an autist but i learned how to give a good impression for the length of an interview when i had to look for internships, and these guys didnt even interview me anyway thats the point, they are using a written technical test as filter and i did it well but they reposted the offer without interviewing me
>>
>>51562639
Dude. They don't want to hire you. Get the fuck over it.
>>
>>51562639
Yes I understand that anon

The reason this happened is because you're a really unlikable person.
>>
>went in for an interview
>waited two weeks and ask them about the status of the job hiring process
>never hear a response from them ever again

Is it safe to say I should just give up hope?
>>
>>51562639
Maybe it's karma you were denied even with good test scores.
>>
>>51562684
You should never be waiting for a response from 1 company. Yes give up. As soon as you finish the interview, look at it as a learning opportunity and not that "I'm definitely going to get the job" and immediately start applying everywhere else.

Basically, stop getting your hopes up. And throw out as many applications as possible.
>>
>>51562680
they didnt even interview me.......... how would they know that im unlikable?
>>51562675
these guys arent the problem, the problem is the possibility of someone denying me consistently without me knowing
>>51562698
except i dont deserve this shit, the only bad thing i've ever done is lack social skills due to being born in a shitty environment, and work my ass off to operate normies to get them to hire me
>>
>>51562684
op here, you shouldnt even have any hope until you are actually handed a contract, just apply to companies consistently from the beginning
>>
>>51562715
I'm just like OP in the sense that there aren't many opportunities in my area. It kinda sucks IMO tbqfh family.
>>
>>51562747
>my flaws are everyone else's fault but my own

Have you tried not being a complete fucking infant?
>>
Is it not considered rude to at least inform the applicant that they have not been selected? It seems rather nasty to just cease communications all together.
>>
>>51562782
What state are you in?

If that's the case you need to move man. What that means is work a shitty (or good job) and continue to study and improve your skills on the side.

Save money until you're able to live in a better location with a great market.
>>
>>51562811
No, ceasing communications is standard procedure and universally recognized as not getting the job.
>>
>>51562438
so you didnt see the results. so this whole thread is one big result of your ill informed speculation? fuck off, cunt.
>>
>>51562811
If anything this is good, if that rejected him. Who would want to work for a company like this anyway?
>>
>>51562805
why? no need to pretend on 4chan, i must say that i was bait though
>>51562841
yeah it is, i thought i could get some tips on how to confirm it since i got a really bad feeling about this
>>51562858
>>51562811
nice point tb h
>>
You must be 18 or older to post here.
>>
>>51562877
fuck off /g/ and apply for more jerbs, you big dummy! or dont. either way fuck off /g/
>>
>>51562890
i've finished studying computer science, m8
>>
>>51562899
i did, i applied to around 20 in these last 2 weeks wish me luck m8. could've been more but my area kinda sucks as i said
>>
>>51562858
lol he is an infant because
>>51562877
he liked being coddled by >>51562858 and
>>51562811
nice work, a/g/ents
>>
You're probably ugly/short
>>
>>51562930
honestly man i think you are even more autistic than myself, what does this shit even mean
>>
>>51562921
then why didn't you think you need to apply for 40? do you really want a job? do you really need a job? fuck outta here

>>51562901
oh shit, i'm still in my CS bachelors. i've already had 5 jobs, one before i ever started college. there's no excuse
>>
>>51562970
>oh shit, i'm still in my CS bachelors. i've already had 5 jobs, one before i ever started college. there's no excuse
i did internships m8
>>
>>51562961
and white
>>
Let's be entirely honest here, many tech workers wouldn't think twice about going to an interview wearing a furry fox tail. We're all autists senpai.
>>
>>51562962
it means you aren't here looking for criticism. you're here looking to be complimented. just like amy's baking company https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uPOGxUtZvk
>>
>>51562999
no, i need a fucking job not 4chan compliments.

i said fair point because there may still be hope since these guys didn't send me any rejection email now that i think about it
>>
>>51563026
then get the fuck off 4chan and start applying elsewhere. Cry more faggot.
>>
My department is being closed and we are being relocated. The best place to get relocated to requires tech knowledge

Turns out that the tech savvy ppl that have applied didnt get in, and so far a normie that barely knows how to create a shortcut in windows and the guy that always came late but somehow was not fired but others were for less are the only 2 that got transferred

Not sure if thats comforting but things can be pretty retarded
>>
>>51563026
>there may still be hope since these guys didn't send me any rejection email

Companies just cut off communication.
>>
File: 1439673277233.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1439673277233.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>51563026
>there may still be hope since these guys didn't send me any rejection email
>>
>>51563055
That's a company issue, not a tech issue.
>>
>>51563119
>>51563082
it's been 4 days...
>>
>>51563055
That's cause they got someone in the bag and you don't know about it, connections and info are way more important than being an average autistic employee which isn't that productive anyways.
>>
>>51562996
Every tech guy I know who works in a big name company all owns books like "interview for dummies" "social collaboration for dummies" "how to influence people", and that book with the mouse and searching for cheese, beside their jojo manga collection, saber figurines, and zelda collectors edition book.

We're all autists, but most put effort to look like a normie.

>>51563167

Doesn't matter. It's in the garbage right now. Keep pumping out resumes and CVs till there's a dotted line for you to sign.
>>
>>51563263
sounds like me except i wouldnt pay for a book, and my efforts to look like a normie end a few days into the job

>Doesn't matter. It's in the garbage right now. Keep pumping out resumes and CVs till there's a dotted line for you to sign.

yeah i will m8
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.